Recent content by SmaMan

1. SmaMan

PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

It's a risk you have to take with independent hardware manufacturers. It's going on one year now for Paprium from Watermelon Corp...
  2. SmaMan

NG Game of the month April 2018 - Metal Slug 2

Hey now... who says I'm not actually the cat? I just use this avatar of the giant lobster thing from Metal Slug 3 because... I dunno. Looks tasty.
  3. SmaMan

My crown jewels

I saw a copy of Vampire Savior like this for sale at a convention once. I had no idea what console it was for, since it was listed nowhere on the shoddily light-scribed disc or computer printout disc inserts. I even asked the guy running that booth if he knew what it was for. He had no idea...
  4. SmaMan

NG Game of the month April 2018 - Metal Slug 2

I'm nowhere near this level of skill, (especially in 1cc, which to be fair to those hit in the backlash, was never really stated in the first post... but I digress) but I do like me some Metal Slug 2. I'll play it a bit, if only for the fun of it. I'm certainly learning a few strategies from the...
  5. SmaMan

I’m happy to report that mine works just fine! I flipped through a dozen games last night and they all pretty much work as intended. It’s seriously impressive to have these PCECD games load up almost instantly, compared to the long load times on my Duo. As far as noises were concerned, I heard...
  6. SmaMan

I've had problems with them even here in the states. I had ordered an ugly sweater for a party. No international shipment or anything. I was expecting the plain ol' U.S. Postal Service to just drop it off at my apartment. However, I got home to find a UPS notice at the door instead, saying I...
  7. SmaMan

Woohoo! Mine has arrived! I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet to see if any audio issues or whatnot abound, but I have a good feeling it'll be alright. Mine even seems to have shipped just after Alex had been flipping the caps, so I shouldn't have a problem using my HDretrovision cable...
  8. SmaMan

Nintendo Switch

If the Disney/FOX deal goes through we might, since that would mean X-Men's film rights would be back under the same umbrella as the rest of Marvel, (minus Spider-Man's) which is all this really is about.
  9. SmaMan

Nintendo Switch

Hopefully they heard the complaints and are adding in the international versions of these games that people want... which really should've been the plan all along. Hmm, and while I like this re-imagining of the original Street Fighter II' artwork, something about those faces is bugging me...
  10. SmaMan

Well, I just made the plunge and put in my order. And y'know what? Take your time. I've got plenty other things to play. I'd rather Mr. NeoSD take all the time in the world to make it just right, than to send over a half-baked product that will never work. Thank you for all your hard work.
  11. SmaMan

China doing consolized MVS

I know it's a bit off this particular topic but do let us know how that turns out. I've been looking to get a supergun for quite some time.
  12. SmaMan

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Speaking of, I finally cracked open my 8bitdo receiver last night, and it works great with their N30 Arcade Stick, especially the CPS games I've modded onto mine. I wonder if you could plug the Retro Reciever into a Wiimote and use whatever as a wireless classic controller or something? I may...
  13. SmaMan

Wowww! Well color me out of the loop for sure. Just learned about this today and I'm reeeeallly tempted to grab one right now but... money... Has anyone tried using HD Retrovision's Component cables with this yet? I don't have a good RGB setup at the moment, and I'm fine with using the common...
  14. SmaMan

Post Your Recent Purchases!

A boatload of imports... also an Avenue Pad 6, finally.
  15. SmaMan

Any 16-bit puzzle games better than Tetris Attack in your opinion?

Man... I love Tetris Attack. I still think Tetris itself is my favorite, but it's so much fun. I believe other(s) have brought up Super Puzzle Fighter, which I definitely second. While not 16-bit, it's definitely in the same vein as Tetris Attack as far as it being a competitive puzzle game...