Recent content by The Webmiester

1. T

MV-4F - dots in sprite/background layers only on right side of screen

Just to wrap this up, a NOS PRO-B0 chip fixed up my problem completely.
  2. T

As I said in my original post I inspected and reflowed all three chips in question, sadly didn't help. I replaced the PRO-B0 chip with one from another board, which did fix the graphics faults but now I'm getting Z80 fault, and I actually noticed a physical crack in the replacement PRO-B0. So I...
  3. T

Hi all, Wow I haven't posted here in a long time. Anyway, I have an MV-4F I got on eBay untested. It's mostly working except for the dots in the sprite/background layers, but only on the right side. I have a multiple top boards so I'm sure it's a problem on the bottom board. Reading around, I...
  4. T

FS: Consolized MV1B - $240 Shipped

Paid for Garou, just waiting for you info so I can send a shipping label! Excited to own this one. BTW first deal I've done on neo-geo.com in like 10+ years?
  5. T

Analogue Co announces Analogue Pocket w/ NGPC support

This is a leak about 2 hours early... https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/analogue-pocket-vintage-handheld-game-boy GB/GBC/GBA plus NGPC, Game Gear, Lynx. Edit official site: https://www.analogue.co/pocket/ $200... 1600x1440 screen?!?! Built in synthesizer?!?!?! Extra FPGA for modders to add...
  6. T

MVS issue - bad graphics, RAM all tests OK

Hi guys, I'm having some weird trouble with my MVS-1FZ. It was working pretty well except for a few issues when the Bust-A-Move logo scales during in the intro, but I chalked it up to a possible boot cartridge. Today it's acting very strange, the Neo Geo logo doesn't really flip properly...
  7. T

Looking for a GAL from a one-board boot SF2':CE (bounty)

Hi! I'm looking for a dump of a GAL from a relatively common SF2'CE board, this is the single board with "DASH-X" written on most of the ROMs. The one I need is the GAL16V8 near the top of the board, to the left of some bigger GALs. I'm pretty sure this is what is making my sprites invisible...
  8. T

Liquid Kids PCB issue - Taito TC0220IOC & Coin Error

Hi folks, Having some trouble bringing up a Liquid Kids PCB. When it boots, I get a "COIN ERROR" screen then reset loop. Typically this would be a stuck coin switch or whatever, but (1) I'm running it on my own tester which I'm confident is working and (2) I have tested the coin switch input...
  9. T

What's the white strip on a Double Dragon PCB

Hi guys, I've got a Double Dragon PCB that I just got working again after a few repairs. However the sync is a little wacky and checking the signal shows a wavering reference due to interference or bad caps. I'm going to go to town on the capacitors anyway, but one of the damaged parts on the...
  10. T

M68000 CPU halt on power up

Hi guys, I'm fixing up an F-1 Dream PCB. After replacing a few 74x chips that were bad, I was poking around the 68K when I shorted the reset pin and the game came right up. Did some more testing and found that when I apply power, the 68K starts up in /HALT until I reset it via the /RESET pin...
  11. T

Audio interference when sync line connected?

Hi again, Switched out most of the electro caps and no change. I have noticed that if I touch a few places on the daughter board (like the '04 chip on the far left) there's a ton of interference that crops up. Is there anything on the daughter board that is known to fail? Another few clues...
  12. T

Hi again, I'm checking out with a scope and what I'm seeing is a blip of about 20mV every 10 or 15ms. This is present on the audio AND on the 5V line. I've tried two power supplies (a big 10A power supply I bought on eBay and a computer PSU) and I get the same blip. However, I have noticed that...
  13. T

Hi guys, I'm working on a NEO-AES revision board. I wanted to get line level stereo so I tapped the audio before it gets mixed to mono, sent that to a TL074 in a similar method as the original mono amplifier. So it works great until I connect RGB back up (which I have on a minidin connector)...
  14. T

Sony WEGA CRT issue (curving along the top, can't set UPIN right)

Hi guys, Picked up a cheap WEGA CRT (KV-27FS120). Using the 240p test suite (amazing!) I set up most of the geometry, however I can't seem to fix the last few issues. Basically, I can't get the top of screen right. It bows in a weird way (the grid bows out towards the top of the screen ever so...