Rittenhouse Trial

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
But where does anything I've written here enter into that discussion at all, for that matter?

You assert that if a person has a gun they will use it.

Are people beasts with no self control?

If yes: Disarm the police.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
sfi4oujjotz71.jpg

rsz_screen_shot_2021-11-15_at_125454_pm.jpg

Looks like a good idea.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The fact that he has his finger on the trigger is absolutely terrifying.

Also that rifle has no sights or optics.

What the actual fuck is going on.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It was cleared multiple times and then again in front of everyone by an agent before he did his demonstration.

Still has his finger on the trigger. Which is considered to be an exceedingly poor display of safety, even with an unloaded weapon.

The action is closed to. Why not locked back open and with an empty chamber flag?

And people assert the Police are “trained” in the use of firearms. LOL GTFO.

I guarantee he pointed that at someone.

What’s even the context of this photo? How to shoulder a rifle? Emotional appeal? How to get permanently banned from a shooting range?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Jury Intimidation.
Part of his prosecution is that Kyle started the whole incident by going around pointing it at people.
Usually you might think oh well big deal so what.
When it gets pointed at you even in a safe and secure setting for a split second it might make you feel uncomfortable and decide it's not a nice feeling.

He explained it at this is what Kyle looked like.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If Rittenhouse was shouldering the rifle and pointing it at people then he was brandishing and/or threatening deadly force.

Has he been charged with that?

lithy

20 Year Member
Part of his prosecution is that Kyle started the whole incident by going around pointing it at people.

Then the prosecution did a piss poor job of making that case because as far as I know that was never testified to and none of the videos show his gun up until just before he shoots the first guy.

I can only find one defense witness that said she was with him at the car lot and never saw him point his rifle prior to the shootings.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Someone make the Ahmaud Arbery murder trial thread.

The defendants claim to have engaged in a lawful citizens arrest is dubious at best. Can’t believe you used to be able to make a citizens arrest in GA for a fucking misdemeanor lol.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
The case has definitely been an interesting watch. Glad it was live streamed, the msm with the coverage they have been giving to the public has been interesting to say the least.
I can agree he is at fault, he shouldn’t of been out there….but neither should of the rioters.
I’ve seen the kid be called a mass shooter, but 100% of the people alive or not injured, did not fuck with him.
10s of 100s of people were running by him on video and he didn’t aim at them.
4 people attacked him and charged him head on. Not sure why they did that, but they were attempting to jump him.
The prosecutor didn’t seem ready for the case or knew it wasn’t going to go his way.
All of you in that area or like me in major cities, I hope you stay safe when the verdict is read (good or bad).

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So if he had showed up unarmed instead as a 'counter protester', asking the idiots to please, pretty please, kindly not burn things and put out their dumpster fire and was then beaten to shit or killed,
Because how many people did the protestors kill? Oh yeah, zero. How many people did the protestors attack other than the armed vigilante who confronted them? Oh yeah, zero. Do I have those stats wrong?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The prosecutor didn’t seem ready for the case or knew it wasn’t going to go his way.
He was purposely trying to force a mistrial so they could take another swing under more favorable conditions, which is one of the things the judge got so upset about.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
ehh idk
if you watch the footage it does actually look like self defense
Nah. Maybe on the first guy he shot, but not subsequent shots.

I was on a jury for a murder trial. If Kyle took part in creating the situation which gave rise to the confrontation, which he did, self defense cannot be claimed.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Had a conversation about this trial today with a guy and he mentioned past instances of people solidifying their stance in other situations with the phrase "She was asking for it". I thought about it for a while, especially being a fairly deep statement from someone I didn't expect insight from.

Leave all the overall details about this tragedy the same, but just swap genders/ethnicities/political affiliations of the main characters, and I think you'd have a very, very different picture being painted by the MSM and many of those that are the most vocally opinionated.

If a 17 year old white female shot 3 dudes twice her age as they mobbed her and shouted "I'm gonna rape you bitch" I don't think the idea of "it's her dumbass fault for being there" would be quite as prevalent or palatable. Likewise if a 17 year old black kid shot at 3 skinheads as they screamed "I'm gonna kill you nigger". Even though the situation is the same, popular opinion doesn't lend as much understanding toward a white shooter painted as a conservative gun nut.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
This is unfortunately an issue like allowing the KKK to march in the streets. I don’t condone their actions, I do accept their right to do so.
Nah, that's horseshit.

There are limits on free speech, including calls to violence. The kkk's platform is itself a call to violence. (folks can and have disingenuously argued otherwise. I'm not willing to entertain those arguments.)

lithy

20 Year Member
Because how many people did the protestors kill? Oh yeah, zero. How many people did the protestors attack other than the armed vigilante who confronted them? Oh yeah, zero. Do I have those stats wrong?

Nah, that's horseshit.

There are limits on free speech, including calls to violence. The kkk's platform is itself a call to violence. (folks can and have disingenuously argued otherwise. I'm not willing to entertain those arguments.)

1637128831794.png

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Nah, that's horseshit.

The Supreme Court disagrees with you.

Hell, the ACLU disagrees with you - and they actually don’t believe in the individual right to keep and bear arms.

I’m not certain it’s possible everyone who has argued with you has been disengenuous in their beliefs.

Freedom is fundamentally allowing others to do things you don’t like so long as it doesn’t harm you.

Sometimes it’s a bitter pill to swllow as in the case off KKK, Nazis, and fucktards.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
The Supreme Court currently disagrees with you.

Hell, the ACLU disagrees with you.

I’m not certain it’s possible everyone who has argued with you has been disengenuous in their beliefs.

Freedom is fundamentally allowing others to do things you don’t like so long as it doesn’t harm you.

Sometimes it’s a bitter pill as in the case off KKK, Nazis, etc.
Again, understand the argument.

But your right to swing your fist ends at my nose. Explicitly directing someone to punch me in the noise is a violation of my rights.

I don't think you grasp that the right to free speech has limits, but it does. (see also: yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What stated ideal, goal, or belief of the current national Ku Klux Klan incites or calls for violence?

Are you asserting the Supreme Court and the ACLU (and countless other civil rights organizations) got it wrong on that one?

I don’t think the court is infallible but there is certainly a broad coalition across many groups who disagree with you on the limits of free speech.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I mean the ACLU’s own lawyer in the Skokie case himself was a Jew. That’s commitment to an ideal.

lithy

20 Year Member

Madison on the topic.

“Is then the federal government, it will be asked, destitute of every authority for restraining the licentiousness of the press, and for shielding itself against the libellous attacks which may be made on those who administer it? The constitution alone can answer this question. If no such power be expressly delegated, and it be not both necessary and proper to carry into execution an express power; above all, if it be expressly forbidden by a declaratory amendment to the constitution, the answer must be, that the federal government is destitute of all such authority.”