New Star Wars stuff announced

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Cool.

I might be in the minority as well but I liked the Obi-Wan series trailer. I wish they had maybe made an effort to get Euan McGregor to look and sound a bit less like Euan McGregor and more like Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan’s starting to get on a bit in years, but I’m nit picking.

The eventual showdown with Vader will resolve that conversation in the original trilogy when Luke tries to draw Vader back to the light he replies with ‘Obi-wan once tried the same’ or something like that.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
"You know, we are working on a new project," Kiner said during a charity livestream hosted by the YouTube channel The Convor Call. "It's an animated project. It's a Star Wars project. And that's all we can say. It's really, really frickin' great… To the point where Lucasfilm and Disney are giving us full orchestra for every episode… It's a very special project, some great, great people are involved, and we're really privileged to be part of that one. And I probably said too much already."

famicommander

15 Year Member
n7pnrq1whsi81.gif

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Fast Four maybe?
Yeah, it was Fast Four where they changed the formula up.

And overall I've enjoyed F&F more than SW over the last 2 decades. Mando is quite solid. Force Awakens was ok, but being just a reheated New Hope was quite a letdown. Rogue One was surprisingly good. Solo would've been a lot better w/out the damn SJW droid. But past that? Ewww no.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Every Fast and Furious movie sucks.

Only mostly every Star Wars movie sucks.

Therefore, SW > FF

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hobbes and Shaw was hilarious.

The only good part of Solo was the scene where Han is an imperial trooper in the trenches of Kashyyk. Holy shit that was grim.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Hobbes and Shaw was hilarious.

The only good part of Solo was the scene where Han is an imperial trooper in the trenches of Kashyyk. Holy shit that was grim.

I did see Hobbs and Shaw, that was entertaining.

I liked that they brought Maul back into the movies along with Crimson Dawn. I doubt we'll see anymore of him since Solo bombed, but who knows. Shame though. Mauls a great character and as stated many times in this thread, he's treated so much better in Filoni media.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So, we're just under 9 hours until Obi-Wan Kenobi launches.

Hopefully it's better than Boba Fett.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They just moved up the premiere by a few hours. First two episodes should hit Disney+ within the next 15 minutes.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Saw the Andor trailer. Looks ok.

Unrelated but sorta related - the Willow series trailer slaps. Looks great, cant wait to watch it. But I'm bummed Val Kilmer won't be in it :(

famicommander

15 Year Member
First two episodes were pretty good.

The only parts I didn't like were the chase sequences. Everybody chasing Leia should've caught her much more easily than they did. But I guess low speed chases are becoming a tradition with these Disney+ Star Wars shows.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
First two episodes were pretty good.

The only parts I didn't like were the chase sequences. Everybody chasing Leia should've caught her much more easily than they did. But I guess low speed chases are becoming a tradition with these Disney+ Star Wars shows.

Haven't watched ep2 yet, but I groaned at the T-16 toy and yeah the Leia scene was ridiculous. Maybe have her slip em once by sliding down the hill under a tree branch, that was fine, but they literally had her surrounded to start. When they're chasing her on a path, one of the kidnappers breaks off for no reason to pull a flanking maneuver. It's a fucking child, you'd be on top of her in 3 seconds.

Not sure I care for the tomboyish route they went with 'rebellious' young Leia, but it's whatever. And more cutesy droids, bleh.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I think the chase scenes were meant to imply that Leia is unknowingly using the force to evade and read people, sort of like Anakin and his podracing in Episode I.

But they were just so awkwardly filmed that they didn't really land.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think the chase scenes were meant to imply that Leia is unknowingly using the force to evade and read people, sort of like Anakin and his podracing in Episode I.

But they were just so awkwardly filmed that they didn't really land.

Agreed.

I’ll say I think the entire premise that Leia has met Obi-Wan and that’s why she sought him out 8-10 years later is ridiculous, but whatever. It’s not the worst thing.

I just don’t care as much anymore to look at it with an extra critical eye. It’s all just more or less disposable entertainment these days.

I think the young Leia is doing a great job overall.

Btw, when was the first appearance of the inquisitors in the new canon? I’m only familiar with them from Jedi: Fallen Order.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The pale guy and the guy with the weird hat in the gifs are the same characters from Obi-Wan: the Grand Inquisitor and the Fifth Brother.

The woman in the gifs is Seventh Sister, played by Sarah Michelle Gellar.

The antagonist from the Obi-Wan show is Third Sister, and this was her debut.