So I saw this cool thing at the Gaming Con today.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
There;s one that Adam Koralik or whatever interviewed a guy about. And that dude that owned it has one of THEE Most annoying voices of all time.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
The guys with the working Pluto's should run some net link games and play against each other. That would be a cool demonstration. I think the US netlink Saturn games all still work if you have a dial up connection as I think it was peer to peer dialing each other rather than needing to dial a sega run server that is defunct in 2022, like most Dreamcast online games.

I never understood the appeal of Adam koralik. His videos are just him plopping some game consoles or accessories on a table and then relating only the most basic information about them. It's show and tell but at least in many videos, the item isn't unusual or rare and the description isn't anything you wouldn't know from basic use or a quick Google search.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
The guys with the working Pluto's should run some net link games and play against each other. That would be a cool demonstration. I think the US netlink Saturn games all still work if you have a dial up connection as I think it was peer to peer dialing each other rather than needing to dial a sega run server that is defunct in 2022, like most Dreamcast online games.

I never understood the appeal of Adam koralik. His videos are just him plopping some game consoles or accessories on a table and then relating only the most basic information about them. It's show and tell but at least in many videos, the item isn't unusual or rare and the description isn't anything you wouldn't know from basic use or a quick Google search.

In theory you could direct dial to each other even now, yes. I'm not %100 sure modern "land lines" (VOIP in most cases) are fully compatible with analog modems but if they are, yeah, no issue. Its also possible to build minimal telephone hardware emulation to keep everything in the same room, if you wanted to.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Seems like there's multiple options to do it these days, including voip or some Internet tunneling thing.

In theory you could direct dial to each other even now, yes. I'm not %100 sure modern "land lines" (VOIP in most cases) are fully compatible with analog modems but if they are, yeah, no issue. Its also possible to build minimal telephone hardware emulation to keep everything in the same room, if you wanted to.