Analogue Duo: FPGA Turbo Duo

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I had a MASSIVE PCE collection. Sold off probably 70%, this is for noobs just now getting into the system or goobs who can't let go. Mister.

Honestly. Especially when the MiSTer can do literally exactly that and THOUSANDS of other games/applications for just another $150.

*cue zeta coming in and complaining about SOMEthing with the MiSTer.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I had a MASSIVE PCE collection. Sold off probably 70%, this is for noobs just now getting into the system or goobs who can't let go. Mister.
We already talked about this stuff in an other thread when I was on the fence to sell my mini consoles. Now I'm already ready to sell almost everything.

This was also pretty helpful for me. Will buy a second MiSTer and will never look back. Fuck this retro fueled nightmare and all hail to the MiSTer and it's community.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Are these fpga systems from analogue compatible with the everdrives by krikzz, or burned/back up cd-roms?
I'm assuming there is some sort of lock out in place but was never sure......

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
SNES, MD, Pocket all have custom firmware. No need for an Everdrive on those. Just jailbreak them.

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
I use flashcarts on SNT, MSG and Pocket. Just to have my saves at one place. For the Duo, it looks like the card slot is too small for flashcarts.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Are these fpga systems from analogue compatible with the everdrives by krikzz, or burned/back up cd-roms?
I'm assuming there is some sort of lock out in place but was never sure......

The Analogue SNES and Genesis both work with Everdrives just fine, no reason to think this won't. Unofficially you can load roms from SD cards directly on the systems as well. The pirate functions aren't in the official firmware, but jailbreak firmware is released on the sly.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I use flashcarts on SNT, MSG and Pocket. Just to have my saves at one place. For the Duo, it looks like the card slot is too small for flashcarts.
Yep, the slot won't allow Everdrives to fit.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I don't know about that. There aren't any renders of how far a HuCard sits in the slot, not to mention it'd be pretty dumb to not support SF2CE.
**Edit** Derp, just saw the card slot pic.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Similar to the Pocket release, looks like the hardware is solid and the firmware isn't quite finished. I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't seem to have the millions of tweaker options like the Mega SG earlier systems have, but I doubt I'd need much more than the built in options anyway.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
So, about how powerful is this thing? I'm assuming that there'll be additional cores released for it at some point, will it play anything greater than 16-bit? Will it even play SNES or Genesis? The disc drive is what really makes me want this. I don't know shit about these things, but if it could play PS1 games and below, I have to admit I'd be pretty tempted. It'd be a good reason to get rid of a lot of old hardware, and play on something that connects to modern consoles easily.

Any of my fellow Goobs have one (and like it)?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Don’t assume they’ll release any cores for it. They don’t have Openfpga enabled like on the Pocket, and Analogue hasn’t had any interest in sliding extra cores in the jailbreak firmware since the realized they can sell virtually the same machine in different shells.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Don’t assume they’ll release any cores for it. They don’t have Openfpga enabled like on the Pocket, and Analogue hasn’t had any interest in sliding extra cores in the jailbreak firmware since the realized they can sell virtually the same machine in different shells.
Oh well, like I said, the disc drive was the biggest selling point. I liked the design, too, but not enough if it's going to be locked down. I'll just have to get on the MiSTer train one of these days.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Should I get an 8bitdo controller for this, or are there still reasonably priced USB/original controller?

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Should I get an 8bitdo controller for this, or are there still reasonably priced USB/original controller?
I have a PC Engine controller, joe. Bought it a few yrs back even though I don't own a PCE. Haha
I figured maybe I'd get one eventually. And you just don't see those things at local shops, so what the heck. If I didn't buy that Analogue thing though, I don't think I'll ever get the motivation to get into the PCE/turbo. So I'll send it to you if you want it. Let me know.