Octopus Arcade Stick: Neo Geo Compatibility Unlocked

DanM

n00b
Hi everyone,

Dan here from TR Fight Stick. I wanted to share a project I've been working on that might interest to other Neo Geo fans.

We've been developing an arcade stick called the Octopus that we aim to make compatible with a range of consoles, including the Neo Geo. We've just hit our $100k stretch goal on Indiegogo which unlocks this compatibility, alongside other systems like PS3, PS4, PS5, Switch, PC, RetroPie, Dreamcast and many more.

The Octopus is designed with quality and versatility in mind, aiming to provide a solid arcade experience across both retro and modern platforms.

If you're curious about the project or want to check out the details, here's the link to our campaign: http://trfightstick.com/indiegogo

I'm here for any questions you might have.

Cheers,
Dan

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Hi everyone,

Dan here from TR Fight Stick. I wanted to share a project I've been working on that might interest to other Neo Geo fans.

We've been developing an arcade stick called the Octopus that we aim to make compatible with a range of consoles, including the Neo Geo. We've just hit our $100k stretch goal on Indiegogo which unlocks this compatibility, alongside other systems like PS3, PS4, PS5, Switch, PC, RetroPie, Dreamcast and many more.

The Octopus is designed with quality and versatility in mind, aiming to provide a solid arcade experience across both retro and modern platforms.

If you're curious about the project or want to check out the details, here's the link to our campaign: http://trfightstick.com/indiegogo

I'm here for any questions you might have.

Cheers,
Dan

Why is it called octopus?

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I really can't find any fault with the design, it's a well thought out stick. It would be nice if you could swap in a true four button face plate instead of using caps but understandable that isn't available. If I was in the market for a stick, I'd seriously consider this one.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Tr FightStick makes some great products! Would buy if I was in the market for a new arcade stick

DanM

n00b
I really can't find any fault with the design, it's a well thought out stick. It would be nice if you could swap in a true four button face plate instead of using caps but understandable that isn't available. If I was in the market for a stick, I'd seriously consider this one.
We plan on having customizable top plates when we hit the $150k stretch goal. 4 button wasn't considered yet but it could be an option!

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
$50 shipped.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's just an arcade stick with a ton of hype surrounding it. There's even a stupid trailer... unlocked neo geo! better post it here! Get a grip.

Last edited:

DanM

n00b
Stupid trailer? A week of effort from a team that poured free labor into a passion project. It's not just about hyping the Octopus Arcade Stick; it's about supporting a cause—10% of the money raised aids Turkey's earthquake recovery.

Here it is, just a stupid trailer featuring just an overhyped arcade stick in all its glory:

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Turkey's earthquake? Oh why didn't you say so!

Still just an arcade stick.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
This actor in your trailer bears a resemblance to a certain bearded, cigar loving member here who was recently put on timeout for a massive spergout. He isn't Brazilian by any chance, is he?
Screenshot-20240117-191811-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
But wait a few yougoobers back it! Oh damn thats a game changer but wait theres more! We're supporting the turkey earthquake recovery! Give me a break, maybe Erdogan should pull his finger out or nah let an arcade stick indiegogo fund the recovery :keke:

Last edited:

DanM

n00b
This actor in your trailer bears a resemblance to a certain bearded, cigar loving member here who was recently put on timeout for a massive spergout. He isn't Brazilian by any chance, is he?
Screenshot-20240117-191811-Samsung-Internet.jpg
No. This is Ibrahim Gezer, a well respected and award winning Istanbul based actor and movie director. He is playing a character and does not usually smoke cigars. I am unaware if he is a fan of Brazilians but he is usually clean shaven if that helps?

DanM

n00b
But wait a few yougoobers back it! Oh damn thats a game changer but wait theres more! We're supporting the turkey earthquake recovery! Give me a break, maybe Erdogan should pull his finger out or nah let an arcade stick indiegogo fund the recovery :keke:
I am sure you are a great person in reality.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
What’s with the cappuccino next to the stick? You’ll sell more of these here if there was a purple dildo next to it. That’s the target market round these parts.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Thanks for posting here. I’ve wanted a all in one solution for awhile, this seems nice

DanM

n00b
What’s with the cappuccino next to the stick? You’ll sell more of these here if there was a purple dildo next to it. That’s the target market round these parts.
Cappuccino was for scale. Using Lach's purple dildo would have confused people, also, I mislaid my magnifying glass so was unable to locate it for the photo shoot.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Hursit is awesome and I love what he does. I have one of the Mini Cutes he engineered (reverse engineered?) and it's amazing. I'm actually a backer and in the discord channel, if you can believe it.

This thread though? This ain't it fam. You created an account for no other reason that to post about this stick. You should have waited for somebody to chime in on the n-g situation in the discord when you posted there instead of making your first and probably only thread here to announce this.