Search results

1. RomanH

Foam on the underside - what does it protect?

Hi everybody There is a square piece of foam on the underside of all the MVS motherboards I have seen so far (underneath the place where the battery is). I have to remove it at least partially to replace the battery. Since I'm an electronics-noob I have some questions: what is this foam good...
  2. RomanH

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Acquired over the last couple of weeks (from right to left): MV-1C (ebay), Neo Bios Masta (http://neogeofanclub.com/, thanks NeoTurfMasta!), UniBios 3.1 (http://unibios.free.fr/) plus the new Maximum The Hormone album that arrived today (YouTube). :buttrock: Looking forward to some happy...
  3. RomanH

MV1A Battery Replacement

Hi there! I'd like to replace the rechargeable battery on my MV1A with a non-rechargable battery. I've already got the "Neo Geo MVS Battery Mod Kit" from Jamma Nation X. However, I don't know how to disable the recharging circuit. There don't seem to be any tutorials anywhere for MV1A. It...
  4. RomanH

KOF 2003 plus/hero = KOF 2004?

Hello experts I recently bought a KOF 2003 MVS cartridge on ebay. It seems to be a bootleg but since it wasn't very expensive I guess I can live with that. The cartridge has a little sticker on it that says "Plus" and it has the word "Hero" on screen when in attract mode (which is rather...
  5. RomanH

Hi everyone! (incl. building a custom MVS cab thingy progress report)

Hi everybody This is my second try to start a thread in the Welcom-sub forum. The first one seems to have never made it past the admin. I'm 34, Swiss, long time Neo-Geo fan and have finaly decided to build a custom cab thing with MVS hardware inside. Here's what's working so far: first tests...
  6. RomanH

Hi there! (lots of pics)

Hello everybody (finally I'm allowed to start a thread in this forum.) :) Let me quickly introduce myself. I'm 34, Swiss and plan to build a custom MVS cab/controls-thing... I've been playing Neo Geo games on emulators for years and have decided it is time to finally go for the real hardware...