Post Your Recent Purchases!

Hi all! New member to the forum. Can't start a new thread yet so figured I'd at least share in here.

I recently made a trip to Japan and bought a boxed AES in very, very good condition. Was very excited after wanting one of these for years.

While out there I picked up Samurai Spirits, King of the Monsters, and King of Fighters 2001. I very nearly got a copy of Samurai Spirits Zero Special, but I hesitated given the price and when I went back to buy it it was gone :(

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Picked up my first cab for FREE. Came with a SS4 and 161-in-1 cart to boot.

SO PSYCHED.

Congrats on the great deal. It looks like it's in pretty good shape, too. Is everything in working order?

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
Ozmiander,

Congratulations on the new cabinet. Amazing find for free!! How did you score that?

I picked up a Big Red locally, but it cost me a lot of money as these seem to be quite rare in my neighbourhood.

Ozmiander

n00b
Congrats on the great deal. It looks like it's in pretty good shape, too. Is everything in working order?

Seems to be 100%. All the lights, coin mech, etc work and the screen is fairly clear. Still figuring out how to open the control panel though, lol.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Seems to be 100%. All the lights, coin mech, etc work and the screen is fairly clear. Still figuring out how to open the control panel though, lol.

If its like the big red 4 slot cab you reach up through the coin mech door and pop two latches from underneath the control panel. It then folds open.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Don't worry, my first cabinet was a Neogeo like yours. I knew the control panel flipped open but I didn't know how and the guy I was purchasing it from didn't know either. So I brought it home with only viewing it from the back.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I promised better photos of my V Saturn earlier, so here it is in my setup!

I ended up not really needing the XRGB; this TV handles things way better than expected.

DAP_2577.JPGDAP_2578.JPG

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
@wyo_vr4 Can I come over?? You are the shmup king! haha. Seriously tho, congrats on finding those SNES/Genesis lots! I am personally itching to buy some Sega carts and Axelay too.

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Recent Sega gets...

04yw.jpg

geise

Mickey's Coach
@Mercuttio: Love the beer with the consoles. The only way to game. Haha! Love the V Saturn.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Always wanted a V Saturn but never got my arse round to it, nice compact setup!!!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
@wyo_vr4 Can I come over?? You are the shmup king! haha. Seriously tho, congrats on finding those SNES/Genesis lots! I am personally itching to buy some Sega carts and Axelay too.

LOL, thanks! If you're ever down in Tampa, let me know, hehe. In the meantime, I do have extra complete copies of Fire Shark and Thunderforce 3 on Genesis and Axelay on SNES because I already had those games before I bought the lots. Let me know if you're interested and I'll shoot you some pics and prices.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Bought Gunlord and this one is complete with an insert and snap case :drool::

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Just bought puzzle bobble from eBay for $30. I've seen them go for more and I bid without thinking I'd win but lo and behold I now have a massive MVS collection of 3!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk now Free

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Big thanks to Fox1 for tracking this thing down for me in JP as I've been trying to get one for a decent price for quite a while. It looks like it's been kept in a time capsule and it didn't cost an arm and a leg which was nice. Came with a few games too. Goes well with the 6 button controllers I just picked up from hashiriya1. ;)

MR7fd3N.jpg