Search results

1. city41

King of Fighters 94: Team Edit hack

I've been working on adding team edit to KOF94. This has proven to be a monster of a change, holy cow. I still have a very long ways to go. Here is a demo of what I have so far The awesome news is KOF94's engine already supports custom teams, so it's mostly about a new character select...
  2. city41

Puzzle Bobble with rotary controls

I have hacked Puzzle Bobble to have rotary controls. The hack requires a custom controller, which is a bit of a pain but also worth it IMO. The game is just so much better this way. It's how the game should have always been if you ask me, and how I always wished it was from the first time I...
  3. city41

MAME script to visualize sprites/fix layer

This is kinda fun to play with, It will visualize the sprites and the fix layer as the game is playing: The long lines are sprites: - grey: not in use - red: in use, how long the red line shows how tall the sprite is. The giant chunks of red are the background - green: in use and recently...
  4. city41

Neo Geo dev: videos and a book

I am making videos on Neo Geo development, as well as writing a book. Both ventures are brand new to me, so there's going to be some growing pains, but I figured I'd share. Here is my most recent video: And here is my book (so far, long ways to go...): https://neogeobook.mattgreer.dev/
  5. city41

Finally a mini console I can get behind (DDR mini)

Getting one to America will probably be tough though https://kibidango.com/2462
  6. city41

PandaMonium's Saturn reviews

PandaMonium does long, detailed and very interesting reviews of Saturn games, focusing on the US releases. They are part review, part documentary. He often interviews the developers, and does a lot of digging through old footage and material. If you're curious and have an hour, his Parodius...
  7. city41

Playing shooters as an old man with bad hands

Anyone else in this predicament now? I can only play shooters that have a decent auto fire solution now. Cave is the best, as the auto fire is built into the game and on a separate button. For games with no auto fire built in, usually the best you can do is set auto fire on the main shot. But...
  8. city41

Does R-Type Leo's shot change based on button hold duration?

This website says "the longer you hold down fire, the stronger the shot." I can't get that to work and I don't think it's correct. Reason I ask is it looks like with Leo I can use the Mister's autofire feature. Something my old, carpal tunneled, hands need.
  9. city41

What's up with Korean SS4 AES?

The Korean SS4 AES version is pretty modified and censored, which is all well and good. But does anyone know why this particular Korean cart seems to be relatively common these days? I think for US AES shelf queens like myself, the Korean version is a decent stand in as the packaging is...
  10. city41

AES with iffy sound

I bought a "junk" AES off ebay which was stated to not power on. It is a 5v system and powers on and works just fine. With the exception of sound. I haven't opened it up yet, but if anyone has any ideas on what to check I'm all ears. Sound experience Fatal Fury -- Completely silent Crossed...
  11. city41

Arcade controls wiring to DB15?

Thanks to Ajax, I now have a PGM headed my way that I plan to put in my Diamond Black Vewlix. This particular Vewlix has no i/o, no nothing, came completely devoid of any harnesses/wiring of any kind. I plan to use a HAS supergun and an OSSC to get the PGM running on the 1080 display. Only...
  12. city41

Analogue Duo: FPGA Turbo Duo

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1317118116678094860 Coming in 2021, $199 https://www.analogue.co/duo/ I personally would have preferred a PC Engine. Oh, it has built in bluetooth, and the Pocket is gaining Hucard support.
  13. city41

Super Mario 64 PC Port

The Super Mario 64 PC port is f'ing amazing After they decompiled the N64 ROM to C, they were then able to port the game to PC. Since it's based on the original N64 game's code, the port is absolutely perfect. But from there you can add higher res, widescreen, mods, whatever you want...
  14. city41

FS: new VMUs

Clearing out some stuff that's just been sitting around. New Dreamcast VMUs, $20 each lmk which color you want, blue or green Prices don't include shipping. Paypal gift or +4% SOLD Saturn Virtua Stick $70 - SOLD Super Famicom 4 game lot $30 - SOLD - Super Mario World - Yoshi's Island -...
  15. city41

SOLD: OG Neo Geo AES joystick

Stick is in excellent condition overall with practically no scratches or scuffs. Ball top is cracked (of course), and Neo Geo logo is a bit faded. More photos here $65 plus shipping. Paypal gift or +4% SOLD!
  16. city41

Making animated gifs from a running Neo emulator

I wrote a post that explains a my little tool for creating gifs from the video memory of the Neo. Thought people here might find it interesting. https://www.mattgreer.org/articles/extracting-neo-geo-emulator-graphics-data-to-create-animated-gifs/
  17. city41

MegaSD support thread

Figured I'd kick this off. So far my MegaSD works great for the most part. Two issues I've not been able to resolve - some slight graphical glitches in CD games. Mostly happens on the BIOS screen. Possibly this is normal? (I haven't owned a Sega CD in over a decade...) - in game reset with...
  18. city41

SOLD! FS: RGB NES

RGB modded NES with Blinking Light Win edge connector, the limited gold version. Works great and absolutely crystal clear picture through Framemeister or OSSC. Includes console, third party SCART cable, AC adapter (original), one original controller. $200 plus shipping. paypal gift or +4%...
  19. city41

SOLD: Lemony Vengeance Jamma360 and SaturnJamma

I no longer have any arcade stuff, so no longer need these. Jamma360 v3: play Xbox 360 on a JAMMA cab, $150 SOLD This assumes you have a six button control panel with Capcom kick harness. Kick harness cable not included. You'll also need a 360 SCART cable SaturnJamma: play Saturn on a...
  20. city41

NeoSD Pro CD support thread

Thanks to the awesome work of TerraOnion and Razoola, the NeoSD Pro can now play CD games. Here is the current list of supported games 2020 Super Baseball ADK World Alpha Mission 2 Art of Fighting Art of Fighting 2 Blues Journey Baseball Stars 2 Burning Fight CD Special Crossed Swords...