Super Mario 64 PC Port

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
The Super Mario 64 PC port is f'ing amazing

VRCfOtx.jpg

After they decompiled the N64 ROM to C, they were then able to port the game to PC. Since it's based on the original N64 game's code, the port is absolutely perfect. But from there you can add higher res, widescreen, mods, whatever you want basically.

I played through it and got all 120 stars, then immediately started playing through it again. Playing one of my favorite games on that wide of a screen is just incredible.

If you're on Windows, this tool will build the port for you: https://sm64pc.info/sm64pcbuilder2/

If you're like me on Linux, this fork is the way to go: https://github.com/sm64pc/sm64ex

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
While I definitely think it's awesome to have widescreen on this game does it need to be as wide as your screen is? That's insane and now I feel old.

I've heard of the wonders of this port though and when I get around to building a PC I'll definitely check it out.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Really interesting. Said it a million times before, I think the game itself is top 3 best and most important game ever made. Will check this out

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
That monitor is something i am positive i will never ever need in my life. Ever.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
How do enemies act on that type of screen set up? Are they just walking around until you get close enough or are they not rendered at all? Also that HUD. :lolz:

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
How do enemies act on that type of screen set up? Are they just walking around until you get close enough or are they not rendered at all? Also that HUD. :lolz:

They just stay in their idle state, like these guys are just constantly going in circles till you get near them

vNCq7L3.png

You can also turn off draw distance, so everything always gets rendered no matter how far away it is

wEhDa8C.png

That monitor is something i am positive i will never ever need in my life. Ever.

Don't knock it till you try it. It's fricking amazing.

so when is the Sega Saturn port coming out

That's ... an interesting idea. I might play around with that, there's now a pretty nice C SDK for the Saturn.

Last edited: