Search results

1. HeavyMachineGoob

Vote on the worst football game for Neo Geo

I'm tossing in Football Frenzy among all these Football/Soccer games so that Pleasure Goal has some competition. Honestly, I'm still a bit amazed the Neo Geo got a whopping 9 football games, if excluding Football Frenzy. But... Then, given Neo Geo Cup 98 is a shameless reissue or Super...
  2. HeavyMachineGoob

The 1999 game selection - your favorites?

By all accounts, 1999 truly feels like the the midst of the twilight years for the Neo Geo, just 8 new releases this time and the Neo system hardware is in its 9th year, probably not much steam in it left given 3D arcade hardware has been all the rage for the past few years now. The new KOF and...
  3. HeavyMachineGoob

Very dead MV-1F, bad video sync and no click-of-death

I've got quite the basket case of an MV-1F, typical eBay purchase sold as not working. In short, the system is so dead it doesn't even have the click of death, it is stuck at the point before that, before the video sync signal is even set correctly. My test CRT doesn't like the signal so it...
  4. HeavyMachineGoob

"Pearl of the Orient" for IGS PGM

Any idea what this is exactly? This game appears sometimes on AliExpress. A quick google search comes up completely dry on it.
  5. HeavyMachineGoob

SOLD: $190 Neo Turf Masters MVS

Shipping to USA and Canada only, PayPal only, I reserve the right to discriminate against buyers, DM me if interested in buying SOLD FS: Neo Turf Masters MVS, has original label and genuine boards, label has small tear at the rightmost serial number and some pencil writing on the left side by...
  6. HeavyMachineGoob

CXA1145 parts list for SMS Model II, PAL RGB system (171-5926-A)

SMS II RGB - 171-5922A to 171-5926A aka 837-7275 CXA1145 circuit populate list Source schematic: https://www.smspower.org/uploads/Development/SegaMasterSystemIIServiceManual-1715922A-3.png Source board: a IC BD M4Jr VA1 171-5926-A (837-7275) board I have in person Notes: made this conversion...
  7. HeavyMachineGoob

FS: *reduced* PS2 Silent Hills, Modded Sega Saturn white system bundle (region free, FRAM, modchip)

Paypal only, USA and Canada shipping only, I reserve the right to discriminate, no trading at this time. DM me if interested in buying. FS: PS2 horror games - Silent Hill 2 CIB (black label) [disc in good shape] - $110 USD SOLD - Silent Hill 3 CIB (no soundtrack) [disc in good shape] - $140...
  8. HeavyMachineGoob

SOLD: loose KOF 98 AES (Japan)

Paypal only, USA and Canada only, I reserve the right to discriminate. DM me if interested in buying. FS: King of Fighters 98 for Neo Geo AES, loose cartridge, Japan label, gamer condition (see label tears across the top). Has an indent scuff on the back. Works fine. $150 USD shipped to USA...
  9. HeavyMachineGoob

Why don't you like KOF 2003?

Over the years there's been this general consensus that KOF 2003 in particular is looked down upon a lot. It isn't outright bad like 2001 but people still put it way below 98 and 2002, the fan favorites. Maybe 2003 makes too many changes? You don't like prettyboy Ash? Ive seen people say the...
  10. HeavyMachineGoob

Portal 64 Github project suddenly gone

https://github.com/lambertjamesd/portal64 Word on the street is it was taken down due to concerns raised about the use of the official N64 Developer SDK which had and has significant legal licensing terms, yes even almost 30 years later. Maybe it will get converted to an open source SDK. Very...
  11. HeavyMachineGoob

Ghostlop is a solid clone of Puzzle Bobble

Can't believe I've slept on this one for so long. Ghostlop has fewer colored orbs to knock out (really just two), but it has a great gimmick in the colored throwing ball used to clear the ghost orbs. A for Red and B for blue, can even switch the ball color as it is moving. This makes for an...
  12. HeavyMachineGoob

no longer available

PayPal only, shipping to USA and Canada only. I reserve the right to discriminate against who I sell to. Message me if interested in buying. Remaining items are no longer available at this time Game Boy Color #2, clear aftermarket shell. Has large IPS screen with special light-up logo below...
  13. HeavyMachineGoob

Ghostlop MVS cart, broken colors and loses sync

Got a weird issue, trying to make a Ghostlop cart on a former Puzzle Bobble bootleg cart. The boards used are PROG42G and CHA42G. Ghostlop uses 2x 4MB C ROMs. I split those C ROMs to get 4x 2MB C ROMs. Now yes I know all about CHA42G requiring C rom rearrangement if using 2MB roms, which I did...
  14. HeavyMachineGoob

So is Neo Geo Cup 98 really just Super Sidekicks 5?

We got Super Sidekicks 4 in 1996, usually with its subtitle "Ultimate 11" front and center. It's almost SNK was getting embarrassed they made so many sequels. I dunno, Neo Geo Cup 98 sure looks like a Super Sidekicks 5.
  15. HeavyMachineGoob

Found?: NEO-ZMC chip

Anyone got a spare NEO-ZMC from a junk MVS CHA board? Shipping to Canada. Alternatively I'd also take an MVS PROG board. Needs to be new enough to have a PCM chip, but can be an early-ish board. PROG42G, PROG-G2, PROG4096, PROGGSC, boards like that. Need one. Can't be a really early board like...
  16. HeavyMachineGoob

First cart you ever owned

NGH, MVS, even NGP and NGPC if you want... eh, throw in NGCD too I guess. Feels like forever ago now but the very first MVS game I ever owned was World Heroes 2, played it on the surfboard MV-1 model. Honestly I think it is still a great game. It's like the first, still has deathmatch mode but...
  17. HeavyMachineGoob

NO-93021 - a weird bootleg MVS board

Any of you see this overly large, double stacked and strange MVS bootleg board over at MVS Scans? Does anybody here own one? https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/NO-93021_(bootleg)
  18. HeavyMachineGoob

What was NGH buying like in 2003?

Since we recently had a necrobump from 2003 here, it got me thinking about the used homecart market back then. Any old timers want to share some stories, prices and purchases or even sales from back then? How much did a Sonic Wings 2 go for? Did new releases that year feel expensive? Where was...
  19. HeavyMachineGoob

SOLD: #2 Neo Geo CMVS MV-1B consolized system

Shipping to USA and Canada only, Paypal only, I reserve the right to discriminate. For sale is a second Neo Geo MVS MV-1B consolized system (sold one previously). Features 5v power input, power switch, Player 1 and 2 controller ports, Stereo Line Out, S-Video and AES-compatible composite/RGB...
  20. HeavyMachineGoob

FS: Smoke Gray GBA with IPS screen *reduced*

Shipping to USA and Canada only, Paypal only, I reserve the right to discriminate. Game Boy Advance with IPS V3 mod and aftermarket smoke grey translucent shell. Has new speaker, new LR buttons and a volume amplifier mod. Tested working good. Note: The Lego Racers 2 game not included $130 ->...