Search results

1. pmindemann

FS: Neo Geo 2-Slot MVS arcade, Hyper 64 mobo, 5 games: $750.00

Thanks for the support, guys. And for those who have asked, I'm not looking to part out anything at this point (including the Hyper 64, which I could always use with a supergun, if I went that route). So, for now, I'll look to sell everything as a group. But I'm willing to take offers if anyone...
  2. pmindemann

FS: Neo Geo 2-Slot MVS arcade, Hyper 64 mobo, 5 games: $750.00

For sale is a really nice Neo Geo upright big red arcade cabinet in good condition, with everything working. I am also including my Jamma-compatible Neo Geo Hyper 64 mobo and games. Here are the details Neo Geo 2-Slot MVS Arcade machine: Serial No. 019545, Model MVS 2 player, 25-inch Entire...
  3. pmindemann

Hyper 64 mobo in Big Red cab... no coin or counter lights?

I recently picked-up a Hyper 64 Rev. 2 fighting board from Kenny (great guy), and got it hooked-up to my 2-slot, big red MVS cab. The mobo worked without any problems (well, it does seem to refuse to save my settings, but I think that's just a coin battery I need to replace), though there is one...
  4. pmindemann

Installed a new PSU, now I've got this weirdness. Any guesses?

I purchased a 2-slot MVS cab about three weeks ago, and recently discovered it had a badly frayed power cord. So, I asked the seller (E.C. Amusements outside of Philly) to drop by and replace both the cord and the power supply (just to do both while he was visiting). He came over today and did...
  5. pmindemann

Just bought an MVS 2-slot cab. What do I need to know?

And here's a MAME cab I built several years back... runs Hyperspin, and has a custom subwoofer system built into the base of the unit (that whole "foot" is a hollow area with two subs and an amplifier). A PC is in the main tower part, and we stashed a Nintendo Wii behind the coin door. It's...
  6. pmindemann

Thanks! Here's the theater, from the other direction...
  7. pmindemann

Much appreciated! Here's an updated pic with the cab in the back of my theater room. I don't really have a terrific place for it, but just having it is all that matters... ;)
  8. pmindemann

Any issues turning off MVS cab via surge strip instead of on-board switch?

I was thinking of turning my MVS cab on/off via a surge strip instead of the power switch inside the coin door. My reasoning is that I won't play the cab very often, so I don't really want to leave it plugged in all the time (old wiring fire hazard, vampire power draw, etc.). Would this cause...
  9. pmindemann

What's the most impressive game to show people who are new to the Neo?

I have lots of fond memories of the Neo Geo from my youth. But many of today's gamers have no knowledge of the Neo. What do you guys recommend as a good "show off" game to demonstrate to these folks what the Neo can do, and what it's all about?
  10. pmindemann

By the way, I picked this up from East Coast Amusements. The owner/tech, Brett, is a really good guy. The cab came with lifetime tech support, a new monitor, new control overlay, and replaced sticks/buttons. In nice shape, overall, and from a local arcade.
  11. pmindemann

Hello all... apologies for the fact that this has probably been repeated in bits and pieces elsewhere a million times already, but I just bought a 2-slot MVS cabinet, and I'd like any thoughts or opinions on what I need to know to concerning this model. Specifically: Are there any items prone...
  12. pmindemann

WTB: New or NOS Hyper 64 Fighting Games

Looking for New or NOS copies of: Buriki One Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage / Samurai Spirits 2: Asura Zanmaden Samurai Shodown 64 / Samurai Spirits: Samurai Tamashii The only one I don't need is Fatal Fury. Willing to pay for international shipping if the price is fair (will need to ship...
  13. pmindemann

Consolizing a Hyper 64

Has anyone here had experience consolizing a Hyper 64 board? I have no idea how to go about this, nor would I event necessarily have the time, so I'm looking to retain the services of someone on this forum (preferably) to create a consolized Hyper Neo Geo 64 for use on a standard NTSC television...
  14. pmindemann

WTB Consolized Hyper 64 (name your price)

Hello all, I would like to retain the services of someone on this forum (or a trusted 3rd party) to create a consolized Hyper Neo Geo 64 for use on a standard NTSC television or computer monitor. I don't have space for a full cabinet, and I likewise don't have the skill or ability to consolize...