Search results

1. venchia3

Please help me to bring a 3-5 AES back to life (no sound, no picture)

The “white bubbles” underneath the board where the bios is located look to me as a result of use of an hot air gun. It may happen at times that using it to complete the desoldering of an IC gives that result if temperature is set slightly too high or hot air hit the board for too long
  2. venchia3

Unibios installation AES UK

I second mutant caterpillar, quality guy but keep in mind he is swamped with work sometimes and might take a time for him to send the console back. Be assured however that when he does it will be in a bulletproof enclosure :)
  3. venchia3

Interesting New AES-Style Consolized MV-1B on Aliexpress

Man…I know this was posted a year ago but damn how much I wanted this to be funded back in the days
  4. venchia3

AES 3-4 board repair

Mate, no idea how to help honestly but just wanted to drop a quick message saying you did a fairly impressive job in repairing all those broken traces. Hope you can sort this out soon, fingers crossed
  5. venchia3

NeoSTore Disappointment

This, and also for what they cost (remember something around less than 20$ from Mouser/Digikey) getting one of those Triad Magnetics replacement power supplies mentioned by Neo Alec is a very good idea in general as they provide clean power and the extra amperage doesn’t hurt. The stock AES...
  6. venchia3

Apollo pro joystick any Good? any forum users still use one?

The Auction you’ve all been waiting for
  7. venchia3

AES with iffy sound

Mmmh stock Japanese systems to my experience (had several on hands during the years) do play the intro when first switched on (or upon reset). Also, I agree with BIG BEAR, my suggestion is a bit drastic before even have checked traces or attempting a recap! But yeah, first and foremost opening...
  8. venchia3

AES with iffy sound

If what Neo Alec suggests doesn’t work (try with some Deoxit) I would socket the Yamaha sound chip and replace it with another one you can find sold online (pretty easy to source). But go this route only if you have the right tools to desolder that IC, can be pretty annoying to remove without a...
  9. venchia3

Stock Memory card using FRAM

Opening one of these memory cards can be indeed intimidating, but with an hair drier and an xacto knife (and a bit of patience) is not that difficult. Only part that needs extra attention is the tiny spring soldered on the board that can be easily ripped apart if rushing
  10. venchia3

Stock Memory card using FRAM

Hello folks, Thought to post about this as I found it an interesting little project. Some times ago I randomly came across a Twitter post where the author posted a tutorial on how to transform a stock memory card with SRAM into a memory card capable of hosting an FRAM chip in order to get rid...
  11. venchia3

Shito's humble vault

Really can’t wait to have it in my hands, as soon as I’m back to Italy I will collect it from my sister’s home (where I sent it as the online shop doesn’t deliver to the UK). I remember I could read part of it in the past and was looking forward a physical release because your insights and...
  12. venchia3

RE4 Remake soon

from Yesterday’s State of Play, looks more and more convincing with each footage released
  13. venchia3

Shito's humble vault

I didn’t know your mook was released! Just found copies in stock from an Italian online store, getting it and very curious to go through your love letter to the Neo Geo!
  14. venchia3

Mislabeled Voltage AES in Australia?

That happened because who made the solder job was probably kinda inexperienced and touched the plastic with the soldering iron while working around the area :)
  15. venchia3

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

I know I’m late to the party but…wow the content you are uploading is so very good! Since yesterday I’m hooked watching your Neo reviews playlist and enjoying the hell out of it! Very in depth and some anecdotes were totally unknown to me :) Thanks for this really, hope to see more in the future
  16. venchia3

AES - Scart Questions

Agree with the above, do yourself a favour and do not cheap out on cables. HD retrovision’s ones are very well priced for the built quality they offer. A good set of cables is a wise investment along with a PSU that offers clean power to the console. Stay away from RGB or Component cables sold...
  17. venchia3

CMVS, CD Pads and MVS Carts - UK

Interested in the ngcd pads whenever the CMVS gets sold without them :)
  18. venchia3

[WTB] Atomiswave Hokuto no ken and Communication Cartridge

Hi to all of you, I would like to buy some Atomiswave stuff. In particular I'm looking for: - Fist of the North Star / Hokuto no Ken cartridge - Communication Cartridge module HNK has to be original, not interested in bootlegs. No need of the flyers and whatsoever :) opened to all sort of...
  19. venchia3

Omega MVS Cartridge Shells: Kickstarter Now Live!

Ok, tried to apply to MSX some of your suggestion: 1- lowered the SNK logo and made it white with a dark green border 2- placed the ©1999 SNK in the upper left portion of the label 3- changed the color and border size of the spine title 4- tried to add a really thin border to the NEO-GEO logo...
  20. venchia3

Omega MVS Cartridge Shells: Kickstarter Now Live!

I agree on this too, since they are just a try I thought I could show different color scheme and maybe, with some suggestions as this one, improve or find a sort of guideline to follow :) It would be really easy to change image position/font/colors. I thought on this aswell, that's why I asked...