Search results

1. T

MV-4F - dots in sprite/background layers only on right side of screen

Hi all, Wow I haven't posted here in a long time. Anyway, I have an MV-4F I got on eBay untested. It's mostly working except for the dots in the sprite/background layers, but only on the right side. I have a multiple top boards so I'm sure it's a problem on the bottom board. Reading around, I...
  2. T

Analogue Co announces Analogue Pocket w/ NGPC support

This is a leak about 2 hours early... https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/analogue-pocket-vintage-handheld-game-boy GB/GBC/GBA plus NGPC, Game Gear, Lynx. Edit official site: https://www.analogue.co/pocket/ $200... 1600x1440 screen?!?! Built in synthesizer?!?!?! Extra FPGA for modders to add...
  3. T

MVS issue - bad graphics, RAM all tests OK

Hi guys, I'm having some weird trouble with my MVS-1FZ. It was working pretty well except for a few issues when the Bust-A-Move logo scales during in the intro, but I chalked it up to a possible boot cartridge. Today it's acting very strange, the Neo Geo logo doesn't really flip properly...
  4. T

Looking for a GAL from a one-board boot SF2':CE (bounty)

Hi! I'm looking for a dump of a GAL from a relatively common SF2'CE board, this is the single board with "DASH-X" written on most of the ROMs. The one I need is the GAL16V8 near the top of the board, to the left of some bigger GALs. I'm pretty sure this is what is making my sprites invisible...
  5. T

Liquid Kids PCB issue - Taito TC0220IOC & Coin Error

Hi folks, Having some trouble bringing up a Liquid Kids PCB. When it boots, I get a "COIN ERROR" screen then reset loop. Typically this would be a stuck coin switch or whatever, but (1) I'm running it on my own tester which I'm confident is working and (2) I have tested the coin switch input...
  6. T

What's the white strip on a Double Dragon PCB

Hi guys, I've got a Double Dragon PCB that I just got working again after a few repairs. However the sync is a little wacky and checking the signal shows a wavering reference due to interference or bad caps. I'm going to go to town on the capacitors anyway, but one of the damaged parts on the...
  7. T

M68000 CPU halt on power up

Hi guys, I'm fixing up an F-1 Dream PCB. After replacing a few 74x chips that were bad, I was poking around the 68K when I shorted the reset pin and the game came right up. Did some more testing and found that when I apply power, the 68K starts up in /HALT until I reset it via the /RESET pin...
  8. T

Audio interference when sync line connected?

Hi guys, I'm working on a NEO-AES revision board. I wanted to get line level stereo so I tapped the audio before it gets mixed to mono, sent that to a TL074 in a similar method as the original mono amplifier. So it works great until I connect RGB back up (which I have on a minidin connector)...
  9. T

Sony WEGA CRT issue (curving along the top, can't set UPIN right)

Hi guys, Picked up a cheap WEGA CRT (KV-27FS120). Using the 240p test suite (amazing!) I set up most of the geometry, however I can't seem to fix the last few issues. Basically, I can't get the top of screen right. It bows in a weird way (the grid bows out towards the top of the screen ever so...
  10. T

PVM 1341 Horizontal Center

Hi, Finally got a PVM, a little 1341. My problem is that with RGB, my picture is shifted to the right by enough that it's annoying. I've done all the adjustments inside but H-Centering is a little weird. There's a sub-board (QD) that has two horizontal centering knobs, one internal and one...
  11. T

SNES Reproductions - newly produced PCBs!

Hi! Thought it was time to start a new thread as the old one was a few pages long. I am now producing entirely new PCBs for SNES cartridges. They support all LOROM and HIROM games, which is pretty much anything without a special chip in it (ie, Star Ocean, Starfox 2 not supported). Each SNES...
  12. T

WTB: MV-1C and MV-1B Motherboards

Hi! Looking for an MV-1C and an MV-1B. No other board will do. Shipping will be to Canada. Thanks!
  13. T

High res photo of MV-1C board?

Hi! Does anyone have a high res photo of the MV-1C board without the plastic shroud on it? Thanks
  14. T

WTB: Neo Geo AES system (cash or trade for SNES repros)

Hi! Looking to get a Neo Geo home console with a joystick and hopefully a game (don't really care which right now). I'm in Canada so you have to be prepared to ship it up to me. Happy to pay paypal or trade for SNES reproductions which I make (check the Everything Else section). Thanks
  15. T

Super Nintendo Reproductions - lots of new titles (NES also available)

Hi! I am selling SNES reproductions. I have custom made piggyback PCBs that allow me to quickly make reproductions so I am generally able to keep my delivery to within a day or two. I won't ask you to wait for weeks! Each SNES Reproduction is either a translated game (often from Japanese), a...
  16. T

FS: Pocky & Rocky CIB, Lufia II VGA, Keio Flying Squadron, more

Hello friends, PreBay sale. Shipping is not included in prices. Keep in mind I'm in Canada. Pocky & Rocky CIB SNES - $120. Great shape all around. Pocky & Rocky 2 SNES CIB - $260. Has the number "77" written on the box. I haven't tried to remove it. Keio Flying Squadron CIB Sega CD - SOLD...
  17. T

Tying together two output enables?

Hi dudes, So I'm doing a project where I want either of two /OE lines from two sources to go to the /OE on a ROM. What's the procedure for doing this safely? Put a resistor on one of the lines? Seems like if one was high and one was low it would cause issues.
  18. T

FS: SNES and NES Repros - trades welcome for system packages, boxed NES/SNES games

Hi! Got a bunch o' SNES and NES repros available. I can do just about any other ones you want that are not listed but these ones are done and ready to go. As for trades, I do game sales locally so I'm interested in NES/SNES/N64 system/game packages or just game packages (no systems only...
  19. T

FS: SNES Repros - Tactics Ogre, Mystic Ark, SMT II, Starfox 2

Hi guys! Thanks for buying my The Firemens and Return to Dinosaur Lands. Now I have these four available. Shin Megami Tensei II - $60 Tactics Ogre - $60 Mystic Ark - $60 Starfox 2 - $80
  20. T

FS: SNES Repros - The Firemen and Return to Dinosaur Land

Hi folks, Made a few extras of these repros. Return to Dinosaur Lands are $40 each and the Firemens are $35 each. Includes a fancy universal game case. If you don't want a case it's $5 less. Will split shipping in North America so it'll basically cost you about $4-6 shipping depending on...