05.01.94: A Tribute to Ayrton Senna

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
12 years ago, the world lost the best driver who ever lived. :crying:
A great driver, great champion, great man, and a hero to many.

a few pics i took at the honda collection hall at motegi:
IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

If anyone else has some pictures or stories, please post em.

N2x

Chin's Bartender
Don't let this come as a surprise. This might be the wrong place to discuss this.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Truly a great loss to the sport.

A great driver and also he has to be remembered for his involvment in the developement of the Honda NSX - one of the most beautiful cars ever.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Best driver who ever lived?

No.

There are only two names that would vie for that honor.

Mario Andretti and Juan Manuel Fangio.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I still think Ayrton Senna is the best driver ever. And if you do not think he is, then he is definitely at the very least the pole position master.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
If Outrun 2 and Gran Turismo is any indication, I AM the greatest driver ever.

Hehe, I am not, but I am sure Senna is a great driver.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
12 years ......... :crying: I still miss him, he was the only famous person in the world i would stop to ask for a authograph, i hero for most of Brasilian people and for many in the world, i never ever saw such a comotion for anyone else in this country. I never looked to formula 1 the same way ........

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I still think Ayrton Senna is the best driver ever. And if you do not think he is, then he is definitely at the very least the pole position master.

Fangio & Andretti.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
DangerousK said:
Best driver who ever lived?

No.

There are only two names that would vie for that honor.

Mario Andretti and Juan Manuel Fangio.

We are such emotional people here, best driver ever, maybe not, a hero for the sport and the industry, shure he was. And seriuosly Mario who ?????? Just to end the discussion, opinions are like butts, everyone has yours, im done.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
DangerousK said:
Fangio & Andretti.
I'm saying that Senna is better than those two at pole positions and it shows.

Senna: 65
Fangio: 29
Andretti: 18

Enough said.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Neo Collector said:
We are such emotional people here, best driver ever, maybe not, a hero for the sport and the industry, shure he was. And seriuosly Mario who ??????

You could say the same for Fangio and those in Argentina.

Mario who?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, right, only voted the greatest driver of the 20th century.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I'm saying that Senna is better than those two at pole positions and it shows.

Senna: 65
Fangio: 29
Andretti: 18

Enough said.

Big deal about pole positions, all that matters is winning races.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
N2x said:
Don't let this come as a surprise. This might be the wrong place to discuss this.
there is no wrong place to remember a man like Senna on this day.

if all you want to do is argue that your favorite driver is "better" than get the FUCK out.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Gekiga grow a brain before posting that.

Senna- 161 races, 41 wins.

Fangio- 51 races, 24 wins.

That says a lot.

Don't forget about Fangio's performance at the 1957 Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.

Fangio said, "I believe that on that day in 1957 I finally managed to master the Nürburgring, making those leaps in the dark on those curves where I had never before had the courage to push things so far.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
DangerousK said:
Yeah, right, only voted the greatest driver of the 20th century.

Ive been voted best good looking man on the entire office, what that means to everyone in the world ? Let us be ..... And BTW he wins the voting for best driving of last century ? Im curious .

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Neo Collector said:
Ive been voted best good looking man on the entire office, what that means to everyone in the world ? Let us be ..... And BTW he wins the voting for best driving of last century ? Im curious .

The Associated Press named him the best driver of the 20th century. Actually to be more accurate he tied with AJ Foyt.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I did not say Fangio was a poor driver or any of the sort.

I'm simply stating that Ayrton Senna was arguably one of the greatest drivers ever. He is the greatest ever IMO. I also think there is a difference between world's greatest driver and world's greatest racer.

And this thread by Rassilon is obviously about Senna and pays great tribute to him.

R.I.P. Ayrton Senna.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Rassilon said:
shut the fuck up and get the fuck out.
this isnt the time or place to argue "so and so is better." :very_ang:

Then don't make the claim of him being the greatest driver ever.

Get a fucking clue ok?

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
RIP Ayrton :crying:

BTW Fangio, Senna and Schumacher are all great drivers, but sorry Andretti is not in the same league as those three.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I did not say Fangio was a poor driver or any of the sort.

I'm simply stating that Ayrton Senna was arguably one of the greatest drivers ever. He is the greatest ever IMO. I also think there is a difference between world's greatest driver and world's greatest racer.

And this thread by Rassilon is obviously about Senna and pays great tribute to him.

R.I.P. Ayrton Senna.

Thanks.

Rassilon makes a statement that I disagree with.

I'll say whatever I please.

Truthfully I could say something much worse if I felt like it.

But if Rassilon keeps pushing this then maybe I will.

If you say greatest driver ever, then be prepared to come under fire.

Think about this with Fangio, he won nearly 50% of all F1 races he entered.

That is amazing...for someone who puts his location as the Nurburgring, you should be more than well aware of his performance there and why that would make him THE GREATEST DRIVER ever.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
DangerousK said:
Then don't make the claim of him being the greatest driver ever.

Get a fucking clue ok?
get a brain you fucking pile of shit.
Senna is IMO the best driver ever, HOWEVER, as anyone with even TWO FUCKING BRAIN CELLS realizes, that claim is FAR from the point of this thread.

if you have a hardon for some other driver, and are too small minded to show some respect to a man who is regarded VERY highly by the entire motorsports world, kill yourself now and do the world a favor.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
_39419184_senna203.jpg

Ayrton Senna

Ayrton Senna was Formula One's great romantic hero, a sportsman who transcended the limits of his chosen arena and touched the lives of millions across the world.

The Brazilian was arguably the fastest man ever to sit in a Grand Prix car.

Senna behind the wheel was like a force of nature, taking his machinery to limits few believed could exist, as his record of 65 pole positions in 162 races attests.

In races, he was remorseless and intimidating, but he also had an incredible delicacy of touch which was most apparent in wet weather, where he was untouchable.

He lived to drive F1 cars, and while his incredible self-belief and determination were vital parts of his armoury, they sometimes overwhelmed Senna himself as well as his rivals.

He dominated his teams as well as his rivals by the sheer force of his personality, but he also went beyond the pale in pursuing his goals, most notably in the title-deciding collision with his nemesis Alain Prost in Japan in 1990.

Senna was just as formidable a presence out of the car.

He had a magnetic charisma married to a formidable intellect, a poetic eloquence in several languages and a rare willingness to confront and discuss the risks of his chosen profession.

He also invested a lot of time and money in helping disadvantaged street children in his home country, Brazil, a fact he kept to himself until shortly before his death.

All this came together in a man who changed the face of his sport - for the worse, by changing forever what was acceptable in terms of on-track behaviour, and for the better by taking F1 to an entirely new audience.

His impact became truly clear when he was killed in the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, an event that kept everything else off the top of news bulletins across the world.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Rassilon said:
get a brain you fucking pile of shit.
Senna is IMO the best driver ever, HOWEVER, as anyone with even TWO FUCKING BRAIN CELLS realizes, that claim is FAR from the point of this thread.

if you have a hardon for some other driver, and are too small minded to show some respect to a man who is regarded VERY highly by the entire motorsports world, kill yourself now and do the world a favor.

You have said "IMO" from the get go.

Waaa!!!

Waaaa!!!

Big deal someone bags on your fucking idol.

Telling me to kill myself??

:lolz:

I said my entire purpose of posting here was to refute your dumbass claims.

If you never said it, I don't post in this thread.

Simple as that.

Seems to me you're missing a few brain cells since you obviously can't comprehend my reasons for posting.