1 man, 30,000 games

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I've seen mega collections like this before and I'm never impressed, because you know he hasn't played even 25% of those games.

After watching the video I'm a bit more impressed. He owns a shop, and actually has good knowledge of game collecting (so it seems). Still I'll never get collecting that many games.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
I've noticed Retro Gamer magazine's profiles on collectors tend to focus more on people obsessed with one particular type (i.e. SMS), it makes them more interesting IMO.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
One man, 30,000 pimples

One man, 30,000 lonely nights

One man, 30,000 regrets

One man, one man...just one, by himself. Forever.

aria

Former Moderator
BTW: At least he has a store... and a neo cab

The video wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be --once they got to the actual clip with the guy, the two hosts weirded me out. Love the Mutant League Football hat.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
BTW: At least he has a store... and a neo cab

The video wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be --once they got to the actual clip with the guy, the two hosts weirded me out.

agreed I was waiting for

"So final question, which one of us is taking the front"

... I mean :eek_2:

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
Thats Joe Santulli ... he runs www.digitpress.com

Most of those games are for his store in New Jersey..

Which is a really great store to check out in the Clifton NJ area. Always has a wide selection of games to choose from. Few AES carts as well.

Holds Monthly tournaments and such too.

aria

Former Moderator
Thats Joe Santulli ... he runs www.digitpress.com

Most of those games are for his store in New Jersey..

Which is a really great store to check out in the Clifton NJ area. Always has a wide selection of games to choose from. Few AES carts as well.

Holds Monthly tournaments and such too.

So it was Digital Press --I wasn't sure if was the same one or just happened to share the name. I don't hang out over there, but I know they have serious collectors (and pretty strict forums).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
All I wanna know is:

Can he land the plane in TOP GUN?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I think chris1 still has the more impressive looking collection.

hokutoshinken

Crossed Swords Squire
The way those twin freakish cock-knobs were handling his shit would have made me flip the fuck out. When cock-knob #2 was pulling the arms on the R.O.B. I would have backhanded the shit out of him.

Oh, and I wasn't impressed

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Nice collection but im definitely not impressed. We could all ove thousands upon thousands of games if we bought every piece of shit that came out.

Also, why were they giving him credit for downloads?

O.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Not impressed either. Anyone of us could do the same thing, but I'm more of a quality over quantity. I like having a good sized collection of all good stuff. It's the ultimate Blockbuster.:D

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
Everyone in the thread said:
Anyone of us could do the same thing.

Given infinite time and infinite money? I don't think people give these serious collectors enough credit - it takes a lot of time/effort to source all of that stuff for reasonable prices.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Not impressed either. Anyone of us could do the same thing

Not me, I would never be able to come up with the money needed to amass 30k games.

I mean, even if he only paid $10 per game it still would be $300,000, and I bet he paid much more for some titles... that's nothing less than insane if you ask me.

He either has extremly good dealer/distributor connections or has more money than it would be good for him... no prob with collecting stuff but that's not collecting, that's an extreme case of hoarding.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I think chris1 still has the more impressive looking collection.

Ohh shit..:emb:Thanks..

I still have a lot of stuff,my system amount numbers and game amount totals were pretty high.. but I've I sold off a lot when I got into the MiniMotoGp racing..
And I still am in the process of still selling stuff off..
I'm just having too much fun racing these little Pocketbikes .....I still game but am not into the game collecting like I used to be.

I've actually kept more of my quality stuff,...ultra rare stuff..items that are on display and or that I play..(or my Son plays)

Cabs will never be sold and some of my favorite items...(except the woody and Klax:p)

I know Joe real well,He has to be one of the nicest people you'll ever meet...I go to his store often ..and trade stuff in..Many members here know Joe and go to his store/NAVA meetings..
He's the real deal...His collection is amazing..He does a lot for video gaming in general.....He really knows his stuff..Has a Great store & great knowledgeable staff..

DP stors is one of the places in this state that is a must go to..It's amazing..

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
As Chris1 stated, the Digital Press store is one of the best locations I've come across that deals in older systems. At the end of every month, there's a gathering at the store in which people can come in, trade games, play in tournaments, sell gear, and etc. The other cool thing about the store is that they stock up on current gen domestic and import games from time to timeas well. I'd rather go to Digital Press than Gamestop due to the choices of past and present gen consoles/games and the fact that I'm 5-10 minutes away. Joe (the owner) also hosts the Classic Gaming Expo in Las Vegas. This is the first year in which they had to cancel it (probably due to location issues). From my understanding, he also used to write for a couple of hint book companies.

I've met a couple of people from the board (both DP and N-G.com) over there and there's always a 2 slot running Samurai Shodown II. So far it's been a great place to chill and talk about games.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
i'm not impressed cuz i'm a hardcore internet dude

fear me

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Yeah, I was 'bout to say, that's Joe from digitpress.com

Good for him and his store that he got the 5 minute feature. It's refreshing to see a gamer being poised and not coming off as some creep on camera. Joe represented the "gaming community" well in that clip.

He seems like a good guy, and it's a cool vid.

30,000 games is insane too. I topped out at around 1,000 games or so before I sold over 100 Saturn games to clean up some clutter.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Am I the only one here that loves video games, but is embarrassed by video gamers? I feel bad for this guy, because you know that there's one thing he just can't seem to collect... and that's vaginas. I love gaming (I mean, I fucking love it) but I sort of hide it in "real life". Sure, go to my basement and I'm fucked since there's a shit load of games down there, but beyond that I don't.... I don't know... I don't advertise to people how much it really means to me. Anyone else?