1994 NeoGeo proto by VISCO: Puzzlekko Club

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
yes we knew about the title, licensee, and location test (as documented in the paperwork provided by Xacrow back in January of 2005. However we never had anything more.
Did Xacrow claim to have the game at the time?

Also, what happened to him? Has anyone heard from him lately?

--the other Visco game from this same time period (1994) has "VISCO GAMES" displayed above the copyright line in large original fonts. why would this one be different?
Ah, that's a real kicker. I double-checked this, and it seems Visco releases up til much later had the "Visco Games", and later ones at least had a larger "Visco."

However, I can't imagine the screen there would've been used as a finished title screen (now many Visco Neo titles had plain black backgrounds for the title screen?) so it could be that they hadn't bothered putting their logo in the proto.

--the fonts used for the large "insert coin" text written above the copyright line are the fonts used by another neo-geo licensee, Video System, NOT Visco. (that's REALLY wierd!)
How sure are you? I see where you'd conclude that, but at first glance (and after a harder took) I feel like the lettering there isn't the tall, thin Video System lettering, but rather a more bubbly kind of lettering, akin to the characters used in the game's title on the screen.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
You can tell from the photo that it was taken at a show because you can see the reflections off the monitor glass of many industrial/warehouse building style lights high up in the ceiling. Also looks like the game is inside a typical Japanese style white metal candy type arcade cabinet.

This part is disturbing - that looks like an Egret 2 (or 3 or awsd.) Look at the corner where the monitor surround meets the CP - I dunno of any other cabs that are rounded in that way.... That cabinet did not exist in 94, meaning it could not be a picture from a trade show as was suggested earlier.... Very disheartening.