310 in 1 Multi.. Jamma board with Pochi Nyaa

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Are there even any softdip options for the neo titles?

elgwido

New Challenger
I have it

It does allow you to change settings for each game but i don't remember how robust it is. I'll pop metal slug 3 in my cab and compare (speed and settings) tonight and let you know.

It does have a few issues:

1. no freeplay, i had to wire a button to add coins.
2. Neo Geo games sometimes cause the screen to shift horizontally to the right (you can only see the left half of the picture). Seems random. One time Windjammers started just fine and then started warping at the top of the screen. 10 minutes later the picture flashed and shifted to the right. I have it hooked up to a neo-candy 29.
3. The audio is pretty terrible on the CPS2 games.

elgwido

New Challenger
Update

Checked the options for Metal Slug 3 as a test and you can only adjust number of lives and difficulty. No other soft dip options appear on the settings menu. The game's framerate is much more erratic than the actual mvs cart. It slows down to a crawl when too many enemies are on the screen (and the audio breaks up). Funny thing is that it actually seems faster when nothing is going on. Feels unstable yet still playable.

aria

Former Moderator
I've had Pochi & Nyaa since around the time it was first released. It's a game that's made unplayable by insanely difficult AI. Not a selling point. I meant to write a review all those years ago but I never did.

I can summarize it thusly:

z2rcb.png

Pochi owns Nyaa

I got a mvs pochi cart because I never played it before. My kids liked playing head to head which was fine. But they stopped playing it. The single player game was hard it was not fun. The computer AI lets you think you are going to win then at the last second completes all these combos which just crush you at the end.
cat-dog.jpg

Well of course after I sold the cart my kids are asking where is the dog and cat game. So it was just perfect timing that I found the jamma board. The whole multi board is cheaper than a lone Pochi mvs cart would be...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I've had Pochi & Nyaa since around the time it was first released. It's a game that's made unplayable by insanely difficult AI. Not a selling point. I meant to write a review all those years ago but I never did.

I can summarize it thusly:

z2rcb.png

I want to like the game, but it is just too unforgiving. I figured with repeated plays I'd come to appreciate it the way I did Panic Bomber, but Pochi and Nyaa is just.... no fun at all.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's not so bad playing 1P vs 2P against a human opponent. Funny how the ranking site is now a site run by loansharks.