360 controller in OS X?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Anyone done this? I've been fiddling with it on and off all day to no avail. This is the driver I'm using:

Colin Munro's Mac OS X Driver

I'm using 0.08 on OS X 10.4.11. I'm hooking up what is essentially an OEM Microsoft wired controller, it's just been thrown into an EX2 case with the stick/buttons soldered to the contacts. Shouldn't make a difference, it should just work.

When I plug it in, the lights all pop up, then they just shut off completely. I know it's being recognized by the OS as a USB device even though it doesn't appear to be on as it shows up in the USB Prober.

Ideas? I've searched around and see the problem happening to others, but still can't find a workable solution. Just seems odd as it's a standard wired controller which I would think would be the easiest thing to get working.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
The fact that the lights turn-on then suddenly turn-off threw-up a red light in my head that there might be a problem getting power (from the computer to the controller) through the USB plug. That you're using a modded controller makes it sound more-likely than if it was completely original, but if I were you, I'd try to see if that's the source of the problem.

subcons

That you're using a modded controller makes it sound more-likely than if it was completely original, but if I were you, I'd try to see if that's the source of the problem.

It's not really modded though. It's a standard controller basically. I just used the PCB so I could solder the contacts. Other than that, the machine really shouldn't even be able to tell it's not in a standard 360 controller casing.

This stick works fine on my 360 when plugged in BTW.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Are you plugging it directly into the mac's USB port or are you going through a hub?

subcons

Are you plugging it directly into the mac's USB port or are you going through a hub?

I've tried both. This is a G4 iBook BTW. I get the same results weather it's a direct connect on the side or into my external keyboard or monitor.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
If you have access to a PC with XP or later, try it on there. If it works on the PC, then I'd suggest emailing Colin Munro and just tell him that your wired 360 controlled isn't working (you might not want to mention that it's modded) under 10.4.11 on your iBook G4. I've emailed him before when I had issues with his driver and he fixed the problem.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
I use a 360 controller on my mac, the support is a little bit wonky though. Works great in MAME, not so good in ZSNES. Running Snow Leopard here.

subcons

I shot him an e-mail with the info on the device and what it's spitting out to see if anything jumps out at him.

Are you using a wired controller, or a wireless Igniz? I'd assume you're using the same driver (it's the only one I could find)? MAME is indeed my main aim with using the stick on my Mac.