3DO RGB vs. S-Video Comparison Pics

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Alright guys, here are comparison pics. Just for full disclosure, I am using a XRGB mini to output both RGB and S-Video to an HDTV. Also, I have to apologize about the pictures, they don't do justice to how it actually looks like in person.
Check out the Star Control II selection screen in S-video:3doS-Video2a.jpg
As you can see even with the crappy picture taking, the green/teal bleeds out a bit.

In RGB, the bleedout is nonextistent:
3doRGB2a.jpg

Here is another pic,
1st S-Video:
3doS-video1a.jpg
Now in RGB:
3doRGB1a.jpg

As you can see the color is more "solid" and vibrant on the RGB output with no bleedout.

Hopefully this will help you guys out decide if you want the RGB mod on your 3DO. I am really happy with it, but like I said in the other thread, my 3DO RGB modded console arrive to me in nonworking condition. I had to "fix" it so to speak... I know in the future, I have to replace the desoldered part sooner or later.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
dynarri.gif

SEEK DEATH AT THE HANDS OF YOUR ENEMY

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
RGB? It's more like VGA. Try tweaking the scanlines settings now. Broken managed to get an outstanding picture from his xrgb mini. There is a great thread about the mini somewhere...

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
RGB? It's more like VGA. Try tweaking the scanlines settings now. Broken managed to get an outstanding picture from his xrgb mini. There is a great thread about the mini somewhere...
I've read that VGA is better than RGB? Not sure though.
Yeah the pictures look like the rgb output is a bit washed out, but in person its not. Its the camera, or more precisely my lack of knowledge how to operate the camera(its not mine).
Having said that I really haven't tweaked the settings on my mini. To me it looks great as is(mostly default setting). I do adjust the sync setting on some of my systems