4 slot mvs problems

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I just got a 4 slot. When I first hooked it up to my supergun. it didn't work. Then I tried a different psu and only got a garbbled graphics screen. After that I took it a part to find the bois chip was popped on one side, so I cleaned and fixed that. Next I cleaned the entire board and all connectors. Still only a garbbled screen.

I took it a part again and tried firing it up with only the bottom board. THis is when I got a screen graph or cross hatch. But it didn't go any further. I have tried my games in a single slot so I know they work.

also the bios chip has a "U" and "ver. 2" in red. Is this a universal bios chip?

Any help would be great...

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Perhaps your supergun power supply isn't powerful enough for a 4-slot. Is it a small tabletop type? What does the label say? You had carts in every slot? Better try with just one at a time.

Crosshatch with only the bottom board is regular btw.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
My psu has 5v/14w. It's a pc psu that also runs my hyper neo geo with out any problems. I tired one cart in every slot. Still doesn't get passed the garbbled screen. (Cross hatch only when bottom board plugged in.) I know my games work I have a 1-slot also.

Is there a way to dump all the memory? Or reset the mem?

Last edited: