4 slot video issue

ChrisB

Another Striker
Hi
Hope someone can help im consolizing a 4 slot for my mate (ive done a couple before no real issues)
Except Im getting this when I power on the unit
This is outputting using rgb and 220 ohm resistors on the rgb lines, no resistor on sync but makes no difference if I add one.

Board is being powered by 12v and 5v tried another psu still the same.
Crosshatch is red and scrolling along with a been green bar
Can anyone help?
IMAG0767.jpg
IMAG0768.jpgIMAG0769.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Try running the sync line through a sync cleaner like LM1881.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Try running the sync line through a sync cleaner like LM1881.

Hi Will do this when I can build or get hold of one, ive noticed what looks like 2 broken traces right below where the original battery was which last owner removed the old battery. Would these traces likely cause this. I can post pic of them

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Hi Will do this when I can build or get hold of one, ive noticed what looks like 2 broken traces right below where the original battery was which last owner removed the old battery. Would these traces likely cause this. I can post pic of them

Not sure if any of the traces in the battery section are video related. Most of them are data and address lines for the cartridge. You can check the continuity of all of them if you're concerned.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ut-(a-contribution-to-the-crosshatch-problem)

ChrisB

Another Striker
Hi
Thanks, ive checked the continuity and there are 3 broken lines.
Tried sync cleaner still the same.
The really odd thing is, there is no power from the sync line, and also VIDEO out blue has no output and video gnd is -5v something is really messed up with this board.
Its going straight back to the seller for a refund,

Kallapz

n00b
Hey I was looking around and I saw your thread and I'm trying to consolize my 4 slot board and I don't know we're to start or what to use. A little help would be appreciated. Also can

ChrisB

Another Striker
Hey I was looking around and I saw your thread and I'm trying to consolize my 4 slot board and I don't know we're to start or what to use. A little help would be appreciated. Also can

Hi
What model of 4 slot do you have and how do you intend to connect it to your tv?