73% of Japan want Wii only 16% want PS3?

X

Y,
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3403&Itemid=2

According to the poll and all the problems Sony has had with the PS3 I belive that the PS3 will not be nowhere newar as sucessful as the PS2.

Apart from this poll they have had a weak E3, graphics almost the same to the 360, BlueRay has had poor performance over HD-DVD, problems with Blue Ray diodes, Low cell yields according to IBM, and a $600 price tag

Good Luck Sony.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Most people answer polls like that strictly based on affordability/prices but that's only one side of the coin because there is this little thing called marketing and advertising, and if there's something Sony is quite good at, it's beating the drums until people look up and take notice.

Still, the proposed high price tag of the PS3 will definitely play a big role during the first three months of its market presence, only half of the gamers/collectors I know who bought a PS2 on release are planning to buy a PS3, that's reason enough for me to predict a comparably slow start for the new box.

But make no mistake, it will come out on top position after a while just like the PS2 when prices drop to a more sane level.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Takumaji said:
Most people answer polls like that strictly based on affordability/prices but that's only one side of the coin because there is this little thing called marketing and advertising, and if there's something Sony is quite good at, it's beating the drums until people look up and take notice.

Still, the proposed high price tag of the PS3 will definitely play a big role during the first three months of its market presence, only half of the gamers/collectors I know who bought a PS2 on release are planning to buy a PS3, that's reason enough for me to predict a comparably slow start for the new box.

But make no mistake, it will come out on top position after a while just like the PS2 when prices drop to a more sane level.

You know its sad but true!!!!

*rimshot*

O.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
X said:
BlueRay has had poor performance over HD-DVD
Not sure about that... from what I've read, once you get Bluray working it's a better format overall. Sources?

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
neojedi said:
Not sure about that... from what I've read, once you get Bluray working it's a better format overall. Sources?

Perhaps once they have all of the bugs worked out Blu-Ray will be comparable to HD-DVD (though with greater capacity), but the quality of currently available Blu-Ray titles is really bad, especially compared to HD-DVD.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Statistics are useless, it only remotely matters if it's conducted by at least an SRS.
Voluntary bias ruins everything.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
One line seems a bit peculiar to me...

Next-Gen said:
Some analysts think the company could be incurring a loss of 80,000 yen per console, or a whopping $260 each.

I don't know who's in charge of the math at that website, but ¥80,000 is more like $700...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Zenimus said:
One line seems a bit peculiar to me...

I don't know who's in charge of the math at that website, but ¥80,000 is more like $700...

lol, yeah. I wish 80,000¥ was only $260. Do you know how cheap that would make shit over there? :drool_2: