7th Dark Tower Book.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
As it happens, I'm halfway through it. Very good so far. Maybe people don't like the ending?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The ending is a love or hate sort of thing. I dug it for what it's worth.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wasabi, A Song of Fire and Ice or Dark Tower, which do you prefer.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I don't remember a lot of it but I do remember it being way up its own ass. Not nearly as bad as Wolves of Calla though.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I quite liked it, but the series does go downhill after book 4. 5 ,6 and 7 just aren't as great as 2, 3 or 4 (I don't think book 1 is very good either). If I remember correctly, books 5-7 were written after Stephen King's hit and run accident, and having a near death experience made him want to finish the story. I feel maybe he rushed them a bit for this reason.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I remember enjoying the 7th book... It definitely is no Wizard and Glass though like the guys were saying above. Wolves of Calla for me was a tough read, I remember putting it down for about 6 months when I was halfway through because I just wasn't into it.

I'd really love to reread that series, I just know I don't have the time to tackle that again.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I liked it (and the series in general), but I agree that the ending can be off-putting, but it is what it is. In the larger sense, I really didn't like Stephen King inserting himself into that fictional universe though; save that shit for an autobiography.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I liked Wolves of the Calla. Much better than the sixth book.

I liked the Seven Samurai story, plus the Callahan Backstory (which expanded on the low men in yellow coats from Hearts in Atlantis).

I guess i have to read the seventh book before the movie comes out.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I seem to be in the minority here, but Wolves Of The Calla is probably my favorite in the series. The whole thing is pretty great though.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Though I haven't read it (specifically), I have the entire run of the original GUNSLINGER story that was serialized in Science Fiction and Fantasy Magazine.

I am one or two away from a second set. I only need one or two of later magazines.

I liked it (and the series in general), but I agree that the ending can be off-putting, but it is what it is. In the larger sense, I really didn't like Stephen King inserting himself into that fictional universe though; save that shit for an autobiography.

He always inserts himself into the story. ONly this time he did it by a way other than proxy.

Last edited: