8man after is badass

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I was having a conversation about bad ass revenge stories with a friend and I remembered how much I love 8man after. To me its as classic as anime gets, but I think I am alone in this opinion as I can't even find a bloody trailer for it online or anything. I guess its understandable, it doesn't even take place in a japanese high school and it has no young girls in it at all.

and this theme, captures the mood perfectly. I don't even know if it was in the original Japanese release as I have only seen my decades old vhs tape, but this tune kicks ass even today.

anyone else love this almost forgotten movie?

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I love that movie! Blew my mind way back when sci-fi channel would keep showing it on their anime block early saturday morning. I really liked that the villains were complete bastards, the scene with the cyborg football team going postal being an example being just puppets to them was great

Even a bigger yet awesome show was when one of my fav rappers sampled that theme

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I first played the game in 1991. I am amazed to discover 20 years later that it's based on a cartoon!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I love that movie! Blew my mind way back when sci-fi channel would keep showing it on their anime block early saturday morning. I really liked that the villains were complete bastards, the scene with the cyborg football team going postal being an example being just puppets to them was great

Even a bigger yet awesome show was when one of my fav rappers sampled that theme

whoa I knew making this thread would be a good idea, I was totally thinking that would make a awesome sample just minutes ago.

EDIT: I think the neogeo game is based on a old manga/anime series. 8man after is kind of a darker modernization/sequel of that series......far as I know

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
My entry into anime was with Akira. It was showing late night and it blew me away. Up to that point i had not known that they made feature length films. I went the next day to buy it and ended up having to special order it (VHS streamline pictures).

Finally got it and it featured a promo for all their other titles. The music mentioned in this thread is where I first heard the track.

Basically started hunting down every title on that promo. This is during the time the titles were new releases (awhile back).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
8Man After sucked. I thought it was cool on the Sci-Fi Channel back in the 90s but I re-watched it a few years ago and it was..ehh. Best part was with all the football players going nuts.

I first played the game in 1991. I am amazed to discover 20 years later that it's based on a cartoon!

Read Bobak's review.