a big fat spider lived inside a womans ear for 5 days

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
have a great weekend guy's!! hope u werent eating anything!!

Spoiler:
SpiderEar.jpg

"A woman who went to China's Changsha Central Hospital complaining of itching in the left side of her head was told by doctors that the source of irritation was a spider that had been living inside her ear canal for five days.

Doctors reportedly used a saline solution to flush out the spider in order to avoid having the spider burrow deeper inside the canal or bite her.

The flushing technique was successful and the woman reportedly wept with gratitude after being told the spider was removed. Doctors say they believe the spider entered the woman's home while the home was undergoing renovations, and crawled into her ear while she was sleeping.

A report by CNN states that spiders and other bugs are appearing in greater numbers this summer due to warm weather and drought conditions across the U.S.

"All insects are cold-blooded, so in extreme heat they develop quicker, which results in more generations popping up now compared to previous summers," Jim Fredericks, an entomologist and wildlife ecology expert with the National Pest Management Association, told the network."

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
hrm. i think this happens more than people know.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Spider dude looked like he was just kicking it back and chillin' to me. Bet he was pretty pissed when Chinese medics invaded his new 'home', unannounced; his squatters rights, completely and utterly disregarded...

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
It says 5 days. That is pretty gross.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Isn't there some weird factoid that people swallow x-amount of spiders a year?

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
One of my friends posted this on FB but I didnt bother clicking it as thought it was one of those dumb spam virus posts, clicking it here though as looks nasty.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I would have thought the next step would have been to put a bird in her ear to swallow the spider, then maybe a cat...

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
So much for you're friendly neighborhood spiderman :rolleyes:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
That's a jumping spider, they are very small (a few millimeters). How would a "big fat spider" fit into the auditory canal of a woman? The little fecker obviously was looking for a warm and cuddly place... :)

They have the best eyesight of all spiders which they need for hunting (they do not build nets) and of course jumping (and landing safely).

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
That's a jumping spider, they are very small (a few millimeters). How would a "big fat spider" fit into the auditory canal of a woman? The little fecker obviously was looking for a warm and cuddly place... :)

They have the best eyesight of all spiders which they need for hunting (they do not build nets) and of course jumping (and landing safely).

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I wonder if that spider was the kind with the flesh dissolving venom.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
there was a spider on my shirt earlier.. luckily it was too big to fit in my ear.

of course, being as big as it was, i suppose i'm also lucky it didn't bite me.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
there was a spider on my shirt earlier.. luckily it was too big to fit in my ear.

of course, being as big as it was, i suppose i'm also lucky it didn't bite me.
LOOKS DOWN TOWARDS...
the flag icon in Zardoz's profile:

Australia?! Yeah, I'd say you were pretty lucky to escape with your life, seeing as the spider was probably the size of a face-hugger...