A few NOOB questions for my 4 slot MVS

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
Hey everyone,
I recently bought a 4 slot MVS and I had a few questions about it and was wondering if maybe you guys could help me out. My first question is the sound is bad on it, it only works if I turn it all the way up and it's still very quiet. The only way I could get it loud enough was by plugging in a few external speakers in the headphone jack inputs, it works but not really a permanent fix if you know what I mean, kind of makes it look tacky.
My second was is there a way to set these to FREE PLAY? I have a credit button hooked up but I would prefer to just have it set to free play so I don't have to explain and show everyone where and how the credit button works everytime I have a party.
The third question is all of my games seem to have quick time limits set on them, some examples would be when playing Baseball Stars 2 you get about 10 seconds to choose your team and if you don't throw a pitch in about ten seconds the CPU throws it for you. This would also be the case with League Bowling. SVC Chaos also has a quick time limit set on all the matches making a lot of them end early due to time running out, is there a way to change this?
My final question is similar to my third it has to due with any extra credits that are left on my machine will just automatically be used if you don't play a game soon enough. If I try to load a bunch of credits on my MVS the CPU will just start games automatically until they are all used, I guess if it's possible to set it to free play that would solve this question though but if not is there a way to fix this also?
If anyone could help me out with any of this stuff or any links that would help it would be greatly apprieciated. I love my MVS and I would just like to make it perfect or as close to as possible, Thanks a lot everyone and pictures of it can be seen in the link below if needed (sorry for the hassle but I'm not sure how to attach pics at this site, computers are kind of new to me) Thanks again
http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95884&hl=

Last edited:

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Yes, for the sound issue, you could locate the original sound amplifier on the board, and check for a bad connection, and re-solder it, or you could go buy a new amplifier, and install it. for your second question, yes.. push down dip switchh 7. The dip switches are located on a little bus with 8 white switches. its a very tiny blue box with 8 white switches. Find the one numbered "7" and flip it. Theese "Dip" Swiches can be used to play arround with the game settings. For example, dip switch 7 is freeplay, and dip switch 8 is pause, if you flip dip switch 8 during gamplay, everything will freeze until you flip it back. To find out more dip switch combnations and such, go to google, and look arround. If you buy a unibios from razoola, there are countless things that you can do with the dip switches, and can even be done withough manula fliiping them, but be done digitally through the settings when you enter the unibios screen. Also in the unibios settings you can change the times, you can make it unlimited time, and just sit there all day if you want. Happy gaming.. hope this helps.

-idosk8

Last edited:

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
Yes!! This totally helps. Thanks a lot for the info.
BTW - That Unibios looks very interesting.