A new Xbox (?)

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Do I get the distinction of making the thread about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlgpLBRxN2A

I can't say I'm excited. They don't even seem clear about what the product is. Is it a next-generation console, or another half-upgrade like the Xbone X? The controller just looks like the existing Xbone controller.

Bonus points for the out-of-place Alan Watts quote.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Do I get the distinction of making the thread about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlgpLBRxN2A

I can't say I'm excited. They don't even seem clear about what the product is. Is it a next-generation console, or another half-upgrade like the Xbone X? The controller just looks like the existing Xbone controller.

Bonus points for the out-of-place Alan Watts quote.

They’ve said before the plan is to replicate the cell phone market.

What they said before (but I’m not sure they followed through), that is backwards/cross compatible with the Xbox One, and when you play Xbox one games on it they’ll be better and you can play the next gen games on your old console but it won’t run as well.

So you can constantly keep up, or cling to your old one, but eventually as time will go on - your old one will start feeling outdated when playing the new software, so youll upgrade.

Basically like PC gaming

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm scratching my head about the name. It seems ill advised to use the X monker again. GameSpot has a good write up on the system.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I like how its a box...

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
To me it’s pretty clear that it’s the next gen Xbox. And I love that it’s not the traditional rectangle shape that industrial designers can’t seem to get away from. It doesn’t look anything like a cable box. But that name...What were they thinking?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The Xbox naming makes zero sense to me these days. How am I supposed to fit this thing in my entertainment center?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The Xbox naming makes zero sense to me these days. How am I supposed to fit this thing in my entertainment center?

They've already said it can sit horizontally or vertically without issue.

The name is still godawful.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I really like the design... nice and simple.

You could have at least posted a picture of it here you Racist American...

5FSuBb6.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I like the design too.
pc-gamecube-PcFx -One X vibes

The name might cost them somewhat. It's ridiculous.
Are they purposely going for ambiguity and mystery? If so they kind of missed and just created confusion.
It's like they purposely give Sony a chance to take the win by working on a contrasted strategy - namely clarity

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I like the design too.
pc-gamecube-PcFx -One X vibes

The name might cost them somewhat. It's ridiculous.
Are they purposely going for ambiguity and mystery? If so they kind of missed and just created confusion.
It's like they purposely give Sony a chance to take the win by working on a contrasted strategy - namely clarity

They’re probably going to have multiple tiers. Each will probably have its own name, but all will fall in line with the X Series.

fake

15 Year Member
Should've just called it XBoneR

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
It’s like a GameCube only not a cube. Needs a carrying handle.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nice! I've always wanted a cooling tower for a console.

fake

15 Year Member
IGN says it’s actually smaller than the One X and PS4.

Discs are 4.7 inches. (That's what she said.) So the disc slot is probably about 5 inches. (That's what she said.) And that console looks a tiny bit wider than double the length of the disc slots. So I'd say it's maybe 10 or 11 inches wide. The XboneX (which is smaller than the PS4 Pro) is 11.81 x 9.44 inches. So it makes sense that the SeX would be slightly smaller. I'm totally down with this design. Console designers need to get way more adventurous.