Advice regarding market place.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi folks,

I wanted to seek advice from some of the regular members on here regarding the market place.

I am a new member to the forums as you all can see. I have been trying to contribute where i can as I am keen to stick around here for the longer term.
I have been fairly fortunate recently when I stumbled across as lot of MVS kits/games while doing a deal on a mint MVS 4 slot lowboy cabinet. Naturally I snapped up the deal which includes 27 odd games, many of which are boxed kits (english) in excellent condition. I have a holiday coming up so am thinking of selling the games to help fund the trip. I may decided to run a 161 in 1 or something similar in the cabinet. The normal options for selling are of course the dreaded fleabay along with the potential of listing it here in the community.

As I am a noob on the forums I would be reluctant to just post a listing, as I am aware of the rules as well as having respect for the community. I am happy to go on advice here so if it's a no-no I will list on fleabay. If there are no objections I would like to list the lot here.

Please let me know what everyone thinks.

I realise that I run the risk of potentially upsetting people on here by raising this, but i would rather ask people first before making a faux pas :)

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
OK have had a look and have a couple of questions. What is the general consensus on TSS? There seems to be a big disparity between the guide price and the prices this has been going for lately. I'm talking about an English cart - mint holographic label and overall v good condition. Ebay really has a lot to answer for, I sold up an AES collection years back when I still lived in Ireland and began collecting MVS (when it was still cheap!!) Even the MVS prices seem to be getting crazy lately. I would imagine the CMVS popularity has had a hand in that? Its been a while since I was in the scene properly.

http://www.neogeokult.com/mvs-price-guide/

Use this price guide. Its in euros so do the conversion. Don't use the one that's on ng.com, its outdated.

Last edited:

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
My 2 suggestions to you:

* be ready to ship first (you have no feedback here and are very new)

* list on the lower side of prices. this isn't ebay, you are encouraged/expected to interact with most forum members *as a community*, so do your best to treat us as you would treat your real life friends. If you hook people up with good deals, you can be sure the karma train will come around later when you're looking to buy. I can attest to this firsthand.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the advice, I'll certainly take it on board.
My location for shipping is a problem unfortunately. The cost is excessive sending anything international from Perth. For a large lot like this, that could run me into several $100's of dollars in shipping costs. If it was for one or 2 items that would be different but for 28 or so titles, you are talking serious $$ :eek:
Ive just come off a 3 month redundancy before starting work again, so $$$ are not plentiful unfortunately. It may be a case that this does not work out at present, which I am fully prepared for. I certainly do not want to take liberties or push the boundaries on here as "people don't know me from a bar of soap" so I completely understand.

My 2 suggestions to you:

* be ready to ship first (you have no feedback here and are very new)

* list on the lower side of prices. this isn't ebay, you are encouraged/expected to interact with most forum members *as a community*, so do your best to treat us as you would treat your real life friends. If you hook people up with good deals, you can be sure the karma train will come around later when you're looking to buy. I can attest to this firsthand.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Don't go in there until you've had some more time on the forum.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Don't sell that Twinkle Star Sprites, you'll miss it.

Or sell it, well what do I know.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Are you trying to get him lynched? If he lists them at NGK LOL prices, I have a feeling it's not gonna go down well.

lol seriously. I don't think his main concern is pricing.

Like others have said, now is not the time. You'd get smoked out of there pretty quickly.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm surprised nobody has even asked what the games are :)

Anyway having thought about it, I am not going to list on here as I don't want to upset the apple cart.. Have still got a holiday to pay for though so they will be going one way or the other.

Next time round I should have enough time under my belt to list on here.

lol seriously. I don't think his main concern is pricing.

Like others have said, now is not the time. You'd get smoked out of there pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Might be better off with eBay at this stage.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yeah, I'm still getting used to the vastness of the place, even after 3 years! To say it's slightly bigger than my home country the Emerald Isle would be a slight understatement :glee:

I'm in Melbourne, you may as well be in New Zealand being all the way over there! ;)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'm still getting used to the vastness of the place, even after 3 years! To say it's slightly bigger than my home country the Emerald Isle would be a slight understatement :glee:

Oh a relatively new arrival then! That's one hell of a sea change that! From moist Ireland to dry as hell Perth. I go to Perth for work now and then and it's like a different country compared to Melbourne, there's car's over there we don't have here like the Mahindra's.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yeah it sure is!! Not made it to Melbourne yet but it's on the list. Give me a shout if you're ever over this way, and I'll buy you a pint!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Will make sure to! I get seriously fucking bored over there by myself.