Aero City Club!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man! I'm in for one of these CPs if anyone wants to buy some tugetha...tu tha choppah!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh bummer, I got one and I'm in the works of making a repro 'cause the CPO is not that great. If you are in need I'll reach you out when I'm done. Scott @ Gamesongraphix will hook us up with some bullet proof printing, I did it for an MVU4 and it came out great, the only drawback is that you don't get that glossy look which is amazing but hell, the prints are cheap enough that is worth doing it while sourcing the real deal.

Last edited:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Oh bummer, I got one and I'm in the works of making a repro 'cause the CPO is not that great. If you are in need I'll reach you out when I'm done. Scott @ Gamesongraphix will hook us up with some bullet proof printing, I did it for an MVU4 and it came out great, the only drawback is that you don't get that glossy look which is amazing but hell, the prints are cheap enough that is worth doing it while sourcing the real deal.

Getting the glossy fiinish is not the problem, the hard part is getting the metallic grey right, I don't know about any printer capable of doing that:

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know what you mean, the metallic is an issue as well and so is the glossy 'cause it's pretty thick, almost like a glass top. I made a grain for the Goldie CP and it came out pretty good, at plain sight you won't even be able to tell, but the silver on the aero is a whole another animal.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I know what you mean, the metallic is an issue as well and so is the glossy 'cause it's pretty thick, almost like a glass top. I made a grain for the Goldie CP and it came out pretty good, at plain sight you won't even be able to tell, but the silver on the aero is a whole another animal.

It's a lot of work but you can 100% repro the metallic finish using a 2 layer sticker. I'll show you next time we get together. I wanna bring this thread back to where it belongs. He is a picture of my fully restored Aero. Finished it up right before my daughter arrived.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
It's a lot of work but you can 100% repro the metallic finish using a 2 layer sticker. I'll show you next time we get together. I wanna bring this thread back to where it belongs. He is a picture of my fully restored Aero. Finished it up right before my daughter arrived.

View attachment 30889

And here it is in the finished room

Awesome work man. I secretly hate all of you though who have an original panel like that though. So burn in hell, unless you can help me get one then I take it back :-)

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Awesome work man. I secretly hate all of you though who have an original panel like that though. So burn in hell, unless you can help me get one then I take it back :-)

I had no idea you were still after one. Do you just need the upper? I bought a bunch of parts from a guy in TX who was parting his machine out, and I can see what he had left.

Westcb

I had no idea you were still after one. Do you just need the upper? I bought a bunch of parts from a guy in TX who was parting his machine out, and I can see what he had left.

I got the surround, I just need the control panel now, I never attempted to print that art yet either, I tried upping to gameongraphics but wasn't sure about what measurements to give :-( I just sorta gave up on it till you posted that pic now I'm all about finishing this one up :-)

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Very nice DZ, and congrats on the daughter!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

View attachment 30889

What do you use to fix it to the wall like that?

Westcb

Thanks man.

Yeah my buddy told me the picture shows up sideways. Weird as it's showing correctly on all my iOS devices and my surface. I'll fix the image when I get home.

It looks correct to me :-) also on a iOS device though....

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I got the surround, I just need the control panel now, I never attempted to print that art yet either, I tried upping to gameongraphics but wasn't sure about what measurements to give :-( I just sorta gave up on it till you posted that pic now I'm all about finishing this one up :-)

The PDF I sent you is done to size. The dimensions you're giving him are the size of the vinyl he needs to print it on. I just measured my surround and a piece of vinyl 24"x10" should be plenty with some space to spare.

Westcb

The PDF I sent you is done to size. The dimensions you're giving him are the size of the vinyl he needs to print it on. I just measured my surround and a piece of vinyl 24"x10" should be plenty with some space to spare.

He wanted to know the printed dimensions probably helps cut down on returns. I'll just insist it's already sized and see if he goes for it, did you do matte or gloss finish?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
He wanted to know the printed dimensions probably helps cut down on returns. I'll just insist it's already sized and see if he goes for it, did you do matte or gloss finish?

I didnt need to give him any of that info..odd. All I did was send him the size of the vinyl. The PSD I sent you os for sure the correct size, as its the identical file I sent him.

I went with matte because in my experience, the gloss finish starts to flake rather quickly on repros.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member

The Chrome finish is awesome!

DZ, jealous of that cab. Ditto congrats on the new baby girl!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, Out of the MVU line up that is definitely my favorite one.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Just wanted to add that I'm an Aero City owner now too! Mine's a blue boy. I'm looking for the control panel surround, as mine was converted partially to some wack control panel topper.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I got a question for you guys. I am trying to restore my aero to it's original glory. From what I can tell on the internets the aeros came with 5380 locks from the factory? Mine had some circular locks that had no key, I had to drill one out. The question I have is can we validate if my tangs are original or not? And either way can you guys tell me what the original locks were for aeros?
IMG_5542.jpg

Here's another pic of some other tangs that I have. See how there's two sizes of the lock shaft? My aero has the smaller size holes on these tangs, are there 5380s that have this size center shaft? All the ones I've seen are for the larger holes, which would mean my aero tangs aren't original?
IMG_0514.JPG

measuring mine, the small shafts are 5.5mm and fit into a 6mm hole. the large shafts are 7mm and fit into a 7.5mm hole. i measured across the shaft from "flat to flat."

Last edited:

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Well, i got some 5380s installed on my aero now. I used the original control panel tangs I got with the cab no problem. However I had to switch the 3 front panel tangs with some other ones I had from Astros. All is good though, and my cab is now fully playable! I just need to find/make a 1 player panel to have my ultimate shooter station! So far I only have 3 vertical PCBs for it: aero fighters, dimahoo, and 1942. I want more shooters, but not willing to take out a 401cave. I think my next board might be a strikers or something like that?

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Answering my own question here... just found this image on YAJ. It seems the tangs I used (from astros) were mostly correct except I didn't have the one that has a deeper bend in it.
i-img640x480-1542110578j0jxvt13542.jpg