AES -> MVS

RetroGiga68k

New Challenger
the effect was that it reminded people how great the neo was, and made them want to play it in the right format.

Absolutely true...

The current gen game companies keep making worse and worse business practices, so I can only assume that more and more people will be put off by them and going retro

And bingo.

I would also add that for the most part, modern game production is moving further away with each passing year, from the fun game design philosophies that governed the classic 8/16-bit eras, so more aging folks come to realize that only retro will satisfy. And emulation is always missing something, so why not go for the real thing.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
I would also add that for the most part, modern game production is moving further away with each passing year, from the fun game design philosophies that governed the classic 8/16-bit eras, so more aging folks come to realize that only retro will satisfy.

Yes, and why? Because they think that they either have to challenge literature and movies or have to appeal to the masses caught up in a never ending cycle of CoD and Battlefield releases.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
the idea of playing my AES cart on my CMVS sound to good...
xander crew you mention a Pranslation could that possible work. I know someone how is selling one.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
the idea of playing my AES cart on my CMVS sound to good...
xander crew you mention a Pranslation could that possible work. I know someone how is selling one.

This seems kind of silly when an actual aes is less than half the price of most quality CMVS units :)

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Yes, and why? Because they think that they either have to challenge literature and movies or have to appeal to the masses caught up in a never ending cycle of CoD and Battlefield releases.

I have been collecting arcade PCBs and Neo for almost 10 years but still get a ton of fun from the Battlefield games (especially Bad Company) and playing the NCAA football games each year.

CraftyMech

n00b
Lol, I've already converted a baseball stars 2 and fatal fury Special over to MVS. Magician Lord is actually the next one. Got a baseball stars 1 boards clear of the Roms. Just got to move over the Magician Lord ones when I have time. Hakko 808 makes pretty quick work of it.

Is is just a matter of swapping the roms? So for Magician Lord I have an AES copy, is there a particular MVS cart that is needed for the conversion?

The 808 is one fine machine. Love mine, I'll never use a solder pump again.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
lol come on man.

That's what makes it the king of the converters. You just flip it over. Shame not very many were made.
The owners of the device frequently refer to it as the "Noitalsnarp" when using the flip-over method. Not all games are compatible, but about 95% work just fine.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That's what makes it the king of the converters. You just flip it over. Shame not very many were made.
The owners of the device frequently refer to it as the "Noitalsnarp" when using the flip-over method. Not all games are compatible, but about 95% work just fine.

They have gotten extremely popular with MVS owners who can't afford Magician Lord.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I misunderstood the title of this thread for a second there, it's a good thing that it's not what I thought it was, alas let the hounds cry in despair...

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
They have gotten extremely popular with MVS owners who can't afford Magician Lord.

I don't even bother with this converter. I just put the Magician Lord AES PCB's in an MVS shell to convert it. Works like a charm and is a little known secret!

SSS

neo retired
Is is just a matter of swapping the roms? So for Magician Lord I have an AES copy, is there a particular MVS cart that is needed for the conversion?

The 808 is one fine machine. Love mine, I'll never use a solder pump again.

Go here

http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/Main_Page

Look at the Magician Lord boards, that's what you'll need. Take a look at other games from the same era, (IE baseball stars 1) and find a game that uses the same boards. Then just build the boards up to look like the scans of magician lord. I believe the home cart is romset 2.

CraftyMech

n00b
Go here

http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/Main_Page

Look at the Magician Lord boards, that's what you'll need. Take a look at other games from the same era, (IE baseball stars 1) and find a game that uses the same boards. Then just build the boards up to look like the scans of magician lord. I believe the home cart is romset 2.

Thanks SSS! I have one of the compatible carts on my shelf, so I'm going to give it a shot this week.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Wait a sec, so you're planning to make a conversion, from AES to MVS? I feel like this would be highly unethical...

SSS

neo retired
Wait a sec, so you're planning to make a conversion, from AES to MVS? I feel like this would be highly unethical...

Why? Not reproducing inserts and manuals. I don't use homecarts anymore. Got a stock ple of crap MVS carts, why not move the console carts over.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why? Not reproducing inserts and manuals. I don't use homecarts anymore. Got a stock ple of crap MVS carts, why not move the console carts over.

leave the carts alone. no one needs more frankenstein monsters in the world.

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
A converter isn't practical. The closest you'd get is games that play but with glitched sprite graphics. Even if the issue of missing pins on the cart connector were handled, the actual AES cart itself has to be run way faster than spec to make the graphics appear correctly. There's too much working against it. JAMMA AES seems like the way to go if you absolutely have to play AES games in a cab.

I'm content just playing NAM/Magician Lord on the AES but I don't play on a cab and don't mind having both systems hooked up together.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
leave the carts alone. no one needs more frankenstein monsters in the world.

this. You will kill two SNK produced carts - a homecart and a MVS cart - to be left with a conversion that looks horrid and is without any value besides being playable. I'm not saying you're doing this to rip someone off or that you can't do with your property as you please, but it's just a shame to destroy legit carts when there are fewer and fewer out there.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Kenny Boy makes an all in one system that plays MVS and AES, talk to him. Probably only cost you around $1,500