AES Scart Bounce/tremble on different tv's (CRT)

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey there guys

Right, bit of a problem, I cant seem to find a tv for my Aes where the screen doesnt bounce or at best (tv dependent) tremble. The console is an early 049579 and is fully modified with unibios, s-vid etc, im using rgb scart.

Ive tryed 3 tvs in the last few months, the first being a Goodmans which bounced like crazy.....i mean totally :multi_co: ...unplayable

The second was a sony, this had an amazing bright picture which knitted the aes pixels really tight, The games were playable but the screen bounced/trembled to the point of nearly making me sick:lolz: although twice as good as the goodmans

Third, a Schneider??? wtf, total piece of shit with a bland picture and really spaced apart pixels but actually the most steady picture of the three, no bounce what so ever but a rather annoying tremble instead??:scratch:

Any one know whats going on here?

thanks

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What SCART cable are you using? You might need to mod the cable for it to work.

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
What SCART cable are you using? You might need to mod the cable for it to work.

Hey Xian,

Well ive got two scart cables actually bud, one that i got with the system which gives a really nice bright picture,
the second is one i bought off ebay new the other month which gives a very dark picture.

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
this was the write up for the one of ebay (dark picture)

* Plugs into your SCART socket on your TV for the optimal signal without having to tune your picture in.
* Switches automatically to RGB - cable is adapted to the Neo Geo signal wth extra components to provide the best possible image which is not too glaring.
* Enjoy sound in full stereo.
* Professionally soldered 8 pin plug fits in any region of Neo Geo.
* Cable is shielded to prevent loss of quality
* Full 2 metres long, no loss of quality over shorter cables thanks to shielding.
* Works on PAL or NTSC consoles, in 50hz or 60hz.
* Allows NTSC consoles to work in colour on a UK or European TV.