AES Snap lock box issue, repair/refurbish fix?

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
This is a bit odd, and I highly doubt there is a fix for this, however, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I have a few AES snap lock boxes that have loose outer covers. Meaning to say, the clear protector that keeps the insert on/in the box is very loose. As if the manufacture put too big of a clear sleeve on the box.

So, the question is. Does anyone have a trick or a fix for this. Is there a good way to remove one side, and then glue or melt it back in place?

I can't imagine there are not others with this similar problem.

Thanks.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Ive got a few like that too, i dont know of any way to shrink it down. You could try a hair dryer and be careful with it, although i wouldnt go to a heat gun...

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Probably the best fix is to leave it as is really.
If it's not too loose, you could make a backing to put behind the insert -- fill the extra space & prevent case embossing of the insert.

Anything else would probably just make things worse.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
If they are certain games, for example KOF2000, LB2, SS3 sometimes, they are supposed to be like that. great isn't it. If they aren't those games someone else probably had the same hatred of them as you and everyone else and swapped them over.

So basically if you do anything to 'fix it' you're destroying a collectable variation.

Don't you love collecting? :drool_2:

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Yeah there is a way to fix it.

Put the insert, cart, and manual into a mvs shockbox instead. XD

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've never seen SNKorSWM make a useful post.

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Keep your eye on ebay, every once in a while a seller gets a stock of snaplock cases and sells them. I currently have about 6 extra that I picked up on the cheap this way.

Some of the loose ones do seem like they were made that way, but I have others that seem like the plastic stretched out. They are both loose and wrinkly.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Ah, Australia
The land of worthless posters
I am not surprised.

SSS

neo retired
wrap it in an old shirt. throw in the dryer for 40 mins or so on Perm Press.

NEO-GEO man

Ah, Australia
The land of worthless posters
I am not surprised.

Cant say ive seen you post much that was ever worth a damn either!! You dribble plenty of shit though ill give ya that.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Cant say ive seen you post much that was ever worth a damn either!! You dribble plenty of shit though ill give ya that.

I answered this thread correctly, what did you do in this thread apart from offer a shitty fix. I've forgot more about the neo than you'll ever learn.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Man, this forum is performing terribly, can someone reboot the C64.

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

I answered this thread correctly, what did you do in this thread apart from offer a shitty fix. I've forgot more about the neo than you'll ever learn.

Haha!! Good on ya wanker!! Why would i give a shit?

I looked at the games you said, and none have this issue, and 2 out of 3 of those i bought new.