AES vs MVS: A Cost Comparison

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Probably because a lot of the games on your multicart have garbled sound or lower quality sound than the originals. All start on level 8 by default and have to be individually setup via the test menu in a process described in the multicart thread.

To be honest I don't see why people get so 'oh check me out, I've found a multicart with nearly all the neo games on' when theres been people here buying the originals since the machine came out, I mean wow, heres a medal captain discovery.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
My so called fellow man aren't making new games for me to play.

The hell they aren't. You are an ignorant child. You're the black eye of education and I'm your father's fist.

The ones that aren't making games for you are watching your rights, growing food, teaching at school, digging up raw materials, manufacturing new technology and writing books so kids can graduate. You know, infrastructure needed so those other people that make games can do that. I see you can get along without those people just fine, college boy.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
In my experience
pure AES=collectors
pure MVS=gamers

Of course people mix the two for additional features/better game pricing but people on either extreme fit into one of those two catagories.

I started with AES but soon got the hunger for the more expensive games (RBFF, Slugs, etc) and nabbed a converter. After I found a decent cab on craigslist I axed all my homecart stuff and never looked back.

AES and CMVS have their place but for a true Neo setup you need a cab, period. It's not like basic ones are that expensive or anything and they make a hell of a conversation piece.

EDIT: Also, NGCD is cheaper than all three options but I don't hear anyone rooting for that. :p

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Why not? Just so they can be all snooty?

Yes, that's the point. We love our gold snootiness cards that came with or systems.

And now it rubs the Neo lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!! :shame:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
In my experience
pure AES=collectors
pure MVS=gamers

Of course people mix the two for additional features/better game pricing but people on either extreme fit into one of those two catagories.

I started with AES but soon got the hunger for the more expensive games (RBFF, Slugs, etc) and nabbed a converter. After I found a decent cab on craigslist I axed all my homecart stuff and never looked back.

I went from MVS, to AES, and back to MVS, then sold my AES, and back into AES and selling all non-MVS exclusive stuff. It's all about the games, but collecting AES is a little more fun and challenging IMO. If you're not a condition snob about the uber rare games, they can be had at a somewhat reasonable price if you catch em' at the right time in the right place.

I decided to exclusively collect English AES unless it only came out on JPN AES or MVS. I often vacation in Japan, and I figure I won't waste all my vacation money on AES carts if I stay stricly English when possible.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
In my experience
pure AES=collectors
pure MVS=gamers

AES and CMVS have their place but for a true Neo setup you need a cab, period. It's not like basic ones are that expensive or anything and they make a hell of a conversation piece.

EDIT: Also, NGCD is cheaper than all three options but I don't hear anyone rooting for that. :p

Neo CD sucks.

Before anyone says "Oh, you didn't try enough games" or "Give it a chance" - I owned every single game for it.

It sucks and I wanted to love it.

Last Blade was a CHORE.

Sorry, B.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Neo CD sucks.

Before anyone says "Oh, you didn't try enough games" or "Give it a chance" - I owned every single game for it.

It sucks and I wanted to love it.

Last Blade was a CHORE.

Sorry, B.

The only reason to get one is to own a CDZ console bundled with IronClad, Zintrick, and Final Romance 2.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ah well... poor ol' NGCD, it's still my fave console... rarely gets any love... :(

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Welcome to neo-geo.com , where shit games are held in high regard, because they came out on your favourite system. :hammer::buttrock:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Holy shit! It never ends...

If you like collecting (ruffles!) then perhaps AES is your thing, otherwise get an MVS and enjoy your Neo.

NeoCD is awsome for some games like Fatal Fury Special and World Heroes Perfect 'cause they have excellent remixes, also Nam '75 is great and a lot of the earlier titles. Playing KOF on NeoCD can be a pain if your not patient. I'm fond of my Neo CD, I love both Croosed Swords and I actually did like Last Hope. Ironclad is OK but I wouldn't go out of my way to own both games if I had to do it all over again. BTW The Savage Reing remix is insane!