Age of Empires III Complete - 10 cents (or 10 MS Points) on Games for Windows Live Store

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
10 cent only? Holy shit.
I still remember those epic multiplayer matches we had back then.
Great game but I like AoE2 better.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
AoE3 is a bit more tactical IMO. Starcraft is just mass battle or zerg rushing, not much strategy involved.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
how do you get the Product Key?

do they email it to you? because i've yet to receive anything via email

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
how do you get the Product Key?

do they email it to you? because i've yet to receive anything via email

Do you see that "Games for Windows Marketplace" window with a list of all the stuff you have downloaded? Click on the AoE3 part and then"Show Key" or whatever its called in english.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Do you see that "Games for Windows Marketplace" window with a list of all the stuff you have downloaded? Click on the AoE3 part and then"Show Key" or whatever its called in english.

nice, thanks

i was just about to look up for myself where to find it as i never would have found that otherwise

i'm not a big Strategy guy but for 10 points? why not give it a go

Eric

Fight On!,
Sale looks to be over but apparently they've run out of digital keys (WTF? :spock:)

I do look at it and wonder "Why not free?" Do they really need our billing addresses that badly? I guess it's good promotion for the service so we'll see how they compete with Steam. (Not having to have a client running in the background to play a game is a plus at least)

Edit: Actually now I'm a little confused. Does the "Games for Windows" client have to run to play the games you download from their service?

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Sale looks to be over but apparently they've run out of digital keys (WTF? :spock:)

I do look at it and wonder "Why not free?" Do they really need our billing addresses that badly? I guess it's good promotion for the service so we'll see how they compete with Steam. (Not having to have a client running in the background to play a game is a plus at least)

Edit: Actually now I'm a little confused. Does the "Games for Windows" client have to run to play the games you download from their service?

No. It isn't like Steam where it's a closed off App type thing. The Windows Live client basically just downloads a CD of the game, installs it for you and then you never have to open the Live client again. Its an odd system. I just used my existing XBLA points for this, since the accounts are linked across all of Microsofts stores now.

AOE3 even knocks windows 7 into "basic" theme mode for me, so you know they haven't patched anything in the game for a while.