Am I the only one who thinks AOF sucks?

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
Well I dont hate this game, I like Ryo he is one of my fav chars, but man any good AOF char needs to be put in FF. I know some like it, but they do drugs. Here I want a mass communal of those who are glad that the axe is in this series, IMO for me I like World Heroes better and that game sux. Well anyways if you agree tell me why if you dont flame me or convince me that this game isnt bad.

What an inventive CHAR
<a href="http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/wyler.html" target="_blank">http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/wyler.html</a>

<small>[ May 07, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Sickliquid86 ]</small>

Freakit

Host for Orochi
personally, I thought AOF 1 was one of the best 2D fighting games ever made.
back when I first started playing it I was a hardcore Street Fighter II fan.
I always had a natural talent of being able to pickup right into just about any game and master it in no time. when I saw 'art of fighting' I figured it was just some SF ripoff but decided I'd give it a chance anyway.
ofcourse as with other SF clones at the time, I was expecting it to be bad as well as beat it in no time...
but no, to my surprise I actually thought it was a really nicely done game. the 2 things that really stood out about it was how awesome the audio was and how you actually had to spend some quality time studying & practicing the moves.. learning the enemies, and really just mastering the game.
it defenitely isn't the sort of game you can just pick up and beat right away. it's a real challenge. I had even stopped playing this game for many years and recently got back into it.. I thought, since I had mastered it those many years ago that this time I would be able to just plow right throught it.. but no, I found I had to 'adjust' to the game again, really get the feel back before I was back to my old self with it.
this is one of those rare games that truly poses a challenge to anyone who tries it out and has earned my respect. this one's a hall of famer for me.

I find that Art Of Fighting 2 is even more challenging, but since I started off with the 1st one and how that really pulled me in, I still enjoy the 1st one more. sort of like a special bondage.

as for Art Of Fighting 3 though, I feel the series just took a turn for the worse with this installment and I don't care much for it at all.

and finally, this might surprise you but no, I don't do drugs.
never have, never will.

buster_broon

The Rock,
Sickliquid86:
Well I dont hate this game, I like Ryo he is one of my fav chars, but man any good AOF char needs to be put in FF. I know some like it, but they do drugs. Here I want a mass communal of those who are glad that the axe is in this series, IMO for me I like World Heroes better and that game sux. Well anyways if you agree tell me why if you dont flame me or convince me that this game isnt bad.

What an inventive CHAR
<a href="http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/wyler.html" target="_blank">http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/wyler.html</a>
what system are you playing it on????

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
Yep I agree AOF 1 sucked!!!!!!! But Art of Fighting 3 is a classic!

buster_broon

The Rock,
BlackSpy:
teh Zzzzmor loco
what i mean my good chum and fellow scotsman is he has stated that all he has is a NGPC

So to me that means he could have gotten aof on Genesis or Super Nintendo

and personally they suck on both formats - well compared with the neo version anyway

which i personally believe is very good :)

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
no you arent the only one with that opinion. i also never liked AOF or WH or even savage reighn for that part. the gameplay is really slow in these games and it seems like the moves come out a second slower than what youve performed.

just play the fatal fury, kof, samurai shodown or last blade series if you want to play real fighting games. not just half finished very dull Bullshit fighters like AOF.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
buster_broon:
BlackSpy:
teh Zzzzmor loco
what i mean my good chum and fellow scotsman is he has stated that all he has is a NGPC

So to me that means he could have gotten aof on Genesis or Super Nintendo

and personally they suck on both formats - well compared with the neo version anyway

which i personally believe is very good :)
I think I remember, my bekilted buddy, that he has mentioned his habitual rom usage in the past too.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
AOF 3 is a bit disappointing for me. I love the AOF series. It was the first game with the zoom effect, and these big sized sprites.

The action is great, the characters show bruises and hits on their faces…. Awesome

AOF 3 is the game that transformed Robert into a pile of walking fat. He has a bigger ass than Jennifer Lopez in that game.

buster_broon

The Rock,
BlackSpy:
I think I remember, my bekilted buddy, that he has mentioned his habitual rom usage in the past too.
ahh i see my fellow Sassenach (enrish alert) hater and joint lover of teh haggis drool

he mentioned that he loved teh ports so i guess i thought he may have played them on teh other consoles

i guess we may have to toss the caber together in unison whilst listerning to some proclaimers

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
aof 2 was way too hard, but overall the art of fighting series is the rolls royce of the neo geo fighting games.

apart from great graphics and sound, the fights are so challenging and fun.When you win U feel u have mastered some one truly. in aof1 and aof 3 there is very little luck involved and aof3 is still scary in how good it looks 7 years after it came out

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
buster_broon:
ahh i see my fellow Sassenach (enrish alert) hater and joint lover of teh haggis drool

he mentioned that he loved teh ports so i guess i thought he may have played them on teh other consoles

i guess we may have to toss the caber together in unison whilst listerning to some proclaimers
I have just returned from walking my pet haggis, Murdo (an excellent ROM sniffer, two hundred megabytes this afternoon alone), and have worked up quite an appetite for porridge, perhaps afterI have eaten I will join you in some caber tossing, unless you prefer to join in some whisky and shortbread?

buster_broon

The Rock,
BlackSpy:
I have just returned from walking my pet haggis, Murdo (an excellent ROM sniffer, two hundred megabytes this afternoon alone), and have worked up quite an appetite for porridge, perhaps afterI have eaten I will join you in some caber tossing, unless you prefer to join in some whisky and shortbread?
och - neaver bring Murdo tae mi door again

i neaver knew he was a membur of teh romz_squad - mi hoose is loaded wie them

took nessie fur a swim and then he tucked into his favourite - stovies

hes loves it wie iron bru

anyway mi nessie neaver caught on that sickliquid wiz a romster

well anyway i off to play teh bools if you wanna come just keep aff the Whiskey and oatcakes

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
AOF1: Dated, but a mildly entertaining game...when bored.

AOF2: Great challenge, tons of fun once you get it down, probably one of my favorite Neo games.

AOF3: Nice to look at (despite shitty character designs), fun to play (despite constant knockdowns) and unique in its own way.

And Wyler may not be the best designed character in all of SNK history, but his background more than makes up for his poor design.

One of the best looking stages (next to Yuki's LB snowfall stage) ever in a fighter.

I don't really like the AOF games either. Can't say why, but they just aren't as much fun to me as the Samurai Showdown, KOF, and Last Blade games.

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
I am staunchly against romming and I have one bootleg in my port collection.
Anyways I played it at the arcades when I was younger I recently went to my Game World which sells arcade cabs and I played it I realized how bad it was later on I was tempted into buying it for my Nomad for 4.99 I decided against it. So anyways I sat down and I enjoyed Ryo's orangy good ness after a few rounds of Kof 2001 and CVS 2 buttrock but yes I still think this game is weak, I mean I love game chars and other than Robert, Karate, Ryo, Yuri are there any good chars in this game!?!!?!? And the worst part is the ones I listed as good are ripoffs of SF2 chars so oh_no Also you say you all hate AOF3 yet it is the only one that possnibly might appeal to me cuz of the animation, anways if everyone hates AOF3 why is it so hard to get? Goddamn collectors blow_top

<small>[ May 08, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Sickliquid86 ]</small>

buster_broon

The Rock,
Sickliquid86
[QBI am staunchly against romming and I have one bootleg in my port collection.
Anyways I played it at the arcades when I was younger I recently went to my Game World which sells arcade cabs and I played it I realized how bad it was later on I was tempted into buying it for my Nomad for 4.99 I decided against it. So anyways I sat down and I enjoyed Ryo's orangy good ness after a few rounds of Kof 2001 and CVS 2 buttrock but yes I still think this game is weak, I mean I love game chars and other than Robert, Karate, Ryo, Yuri are there any good chars in this game!?!!?!? And the worst part is the ones I listed as good are ripoffs of SF2 chars so oh_no Also you say you all hate AOF3 yet it is the only one that possnibly might appeal to me cuz of the animation, anways if everyone hates AOF3 why is it so hard to get? Goddamn collectors blow_top [/QB]
looks like Murdo wiz wrang this time

demoted to corporal in teh romzzz_squad

help help help

i've got a moose loose aboot this hoose :D

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
rugal2000:
aof 2 was way too hard, but overall the art of fighting series is the rolls royce of the neo geo fighting games.
Check out last month's issue of Intersection, in the article titled "Is my car too gay?"

Although Peugeot took the crown, Rolls Roys was up there for gayness.

Food for thought.

On that note, I agree. AoF is gay.

Sucks my cream filled cinnamon balls with a smile.

But AoF 3 rocked. Excellent underrated game that so many fools have discounted, just because the extent of their playing skill is a jump kick followed by a low sweep (AoF2 advanced Strategy).

Fear my Kasumi.

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
Art Of Fighting

Hi this is for Art of fighting on aes, this game features.............umm...moving on:

1x AOF boxed mint, slight scratches on cart, manual mint, free delivery, free packaging, free palestine! JUST TAKE THE DAMN GAME! PLEASE

Note: Use buy it now and I will enclose DOUBLE your money back and AOF2! Hurry while stocks provide homes for spiders.

Number of views: 000001

Item ends: Seller has opted for entended year auction

Payment options: Just let me know how you want your double cash back.

Sellers other items:

AOF 2 Bids: 0 Price: -$1.99

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
I WILL SEND YOU 3X WHAT YOUR ASKING JUST IF YOUR BURN THE GAME! very_ang loco very_ang

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I really enjoy AOF3 myself.

When I first played it, it took me a while to get accustomed to the new updated engine, with the knockdowns, juggling, pursuit attacks, and sabaki(parry).

But after I did, I found it to be a really fun game, with amazing graphics to boot.

The all-new cast and storyline involving Freia and Wyler is a refreshing change, and I've really taken a liking to the new characters(Rody, Karman, Jin-FuHa, Sinclair). It features an awesome, memorable soundtrack, very upbeat with nice and jazzy tunes.

Plus the new game engine(although derivative) is different from most any of the fighters in the Neo library, and its great fun to play.

But as a successive follow-up in the series, it is very disappointing.

I guess its similar to Garou in that regard, as they made an almost completely new game from the ground up- bearing little resemblance to its predecessors. It would have been more apropriate to leave out the number 3 from the title.

Still, an excellent solid game in its own right, but only as a stand-alone from the rest of the trademark series.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Cnidarian:
It features an awesome, memorable soundtrack, very upbeat with nice and jazzy tunes.
Definitely one of the best arranged soundtracks on the neo geo.

Right up there with:
Fatal Fury 3
Gowcaiser (no other soundtrack is this various)
Waku Waku 7

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I for one love the AOF series, I never get tired of them.

1 and 2 are great, but the best in the series is still 3. So many over look 3 but it's one of the best fighters on the Neo. So many great combos and attacks (I really like the addition of the ground attacks), silky smooth animation, great game play and kick ass music.

Mike

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Pep:
AOF 3 is the game that transformed Robert into a pile of walking fat. He has a bigger ass than Jennifer Lopez in that game.
What are you doing looking at Robert's ass to begin with?!

(Hee hee, Just messing with ya'.) :D

...Oh yeah, AOF does not suck. Even the crappy, but better than Takara, Genesis port is still pretty decent. (Which, by the way, I'm probably going to sell once I get my SuperGun up and running. Whooza-ha!)

Freakit

Host for Orochi
to further continue with what I had said earlier...
Art Of Fighting 1 would probably have to go into the 'greatest fighter of all time' category right next to Street Fighter II.

for it's time, the sound was awesome(much better then SF & MK), it was nice to have such huge character sprites, the zoom in/out feature, was the best looking fighting game(graphically), and the story really pulled you in.. giving each fight a meaning and building up to the final scene/fight very nicely.

but yeah, stay away from any port. you must play the actual Neo Geo version.
and honestly, for you guys to feel the same way as I do about this game you'd have to have been playing fighting games back when this was still new to really appreciate it.
with the advancements in games these days it's hard to feel the same way about these older games if you weren't playing em back then.

so really if you were into the fighting game scene back then i don't see how you wouldn't feel the same way as I do... unless you're some diehard fanboy who's only into 'your games'.

anyway that's enough from me for now.
see ya!