Amazon question: Do you mark all of your orders as gifts?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The other day, I got an item from Amazon where they just slapped the shipping label on the retail box and sent it unprotected like that (it doesn't happen often, but, I've experienced that before, as have others). I was talking to a woman about this and she advised me to always check the box that it's a gift and they'll go to extra lengths to make sure your goods arrive in pristine shape and never just ship it without an outer box or envelope. That makes sense, but, if true, it bothers me that Amazon doesn't take the same care with every package, regardless of whether it's marked as a gift or not.

(And yes, I know they mainly just stick an extra slip of paper in there too, that it's a gift, with a message to that effect, I've accidentally done it in the past.)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The woman is incorrect. Amazon will ship it the same way regardless of the gift status.
They have started add to the description if it ships in the original box. They dont always warn you, but I've definitely seen it recently. I've had a few small appliances shipped without an outer box. 1 was for an xmas present, and the intended recipient saw it.