Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
There is a new firmware update including 8 bit do Neo pad support

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Is that out now? Controller support for the dock is pretty awful.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Thinking about getting on the beefwagon and picking one of these up. They don’t seem to have the cartridge adapter set available currently, which is something I’d want. Can anyone with the full set of adapters confirm how well they work?

This seems to be a catch all handheld that plays real carts and emulators. Excuse my ignorance, I haven’t kept up with much of anything current.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Thinking about getting on the beefwagon and picking one of these up. They don’t seem to have the cartridge adapter set available currently, which is something I’d want. Can anyone with the full set of adapters confirm how well they work?

This seems to be a catch all handheld that plays real carts and emulators. Excuse my ignorance, I haven’t kept up with much of anything current.
As far as I know, the cart adapters have been delayed for several months except for I think GBA and GG.

Ajax

15 Year Member
The adapter sets, despite taking preorders like September of 2022, haven’t shipped yet. If you play regular GB games, I think it’s among the best ways to play. The display modes are incredible.

It plays all GB games (GB, GBC, and GBA) natively, btw. The GG adapter is shipping now, looks like.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I broke down and picked-up a dock for my pocket. I cannot get it to display on my TV. Anyone else have this problem?

Apparently it is very power sensitive so I am using the provided wire/brick/HDMI cable.

I switched outlets today, taking it off of the power strip and plugging it solo into a wall outlet and got a picture for a second and then nothing which further leads me to believe it is a power issue but I am stumped as to how to get a better connection than plugged directly into the wall outlet.

I also put it in the new developer video mode (latest software is installed) so it still displays on the pocket even while docked. This has been a helpful diagnostic because I can see the controller I have plugged into the Dock's USB controlling the menus. Still nada on the TV.

Google isn't giving me much recently in terms of other folks with this issue. Idea to resolve welcome.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Have you updated the firmware for the dock?
I mean it should work regardless so

Ajax

15 Year Member
Mine has always worked fine. It's probably faulty. Send it back to 'em and get a new one

fake

15 Year Member
Mine has always worked fine. It's probably faulty. Send it back to 'em and get a new one
They'll probably charge another $30 to ship a new one, plus a 50% restocking fee.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
They'll probably charge another $30 to ship a new one, plus a 50% restocking fee.
Of all the companies I don't want to deal with.

I have reached out to them, thanks for your feedback fellas, and they have responded very promptly already. Hopefully I get it resolved painlessly.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Are people using the darksoft neo rom set for this? I've just copied them over but not tested yet

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Are people using the darksoft neo rom set for this? I've just copied them over but not tested yet

Yeah. The info I read while setting up my Pocket was that you have to use romz from the Darksoft set for the Neo core.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I tried a massive 7GB set I've got and yeah none worked. Shame because there's a lot of protos/homebrew in there which isn't in the darksoft set. I guess there must be a converter tool somewhere.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Like Ajax mentioned the adapter sets aren't released yet, other than the individual Game Gear adapter. I have no evidence of this but I suspect they probably have the adapters done but don't actually have cores ready for the new systems, delaying their release. Oops.

I have the Game Gear one. Functionally, it works great and the video modes look really good. Ergonomically, it makes an already fairly heavy handheld a bit larger, more awkward, and top heavy. I don't really like actually playing with it on there.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Holy shit the dpad is average at best and the "gorilla glass" screen is actually made of butter

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I'm using the darksoft romset, and the neo core is by mazamars312. Haven't had any issues running them. I just got all the cores at once from some download on github. Just about everything has worked fine. 7800 has had some flickering and haven't figured out pce cd, but every other core I've tried has worked fine.

Regarding the d-pad and overall feel of the buttons, it's all mediocre in my opinion. Not crazy about it. Great screen though. Haven't scratched mine, but I've been careful, and I've only been messing with it for a few days. Kern, they do sell a screen protector on their site. Gotta nickle and dime you.

fake

15 Year Member
My dock finally showed up. Is the wireless Saturn controller something you can still buy at MSRP?