Anti-SPAMming Mechanism For UBB?

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
When posting on http://www.pvponline.com 's
forums I tried to post a follow-up message within sixty seconds of my first message, but they had a program that makes you wait one minute. Is this a hack, or a built-in feature to UBB?

-BioMotor_Unitron

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
This would be pretty annoying I just hope this will never happen here.You post a message and you have to wait one minute to post another ?? are we in a prison ?

Just my toughs
wink.gif

------------------
kofKrizalid2Animated9.gif

"Vengeance cuts both ways"

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PrOzErG:
This would be pretty annoying I just hope this will never happen here.You post a message and you have to wait one minute to post another ?? are we in a prison ?

Just my toughs
wink.gif

This one is not aimed at you, Prozerg. I brought it up because apparently someone spammed the PVP forums with an automated program that kept re-posting over and over, and a mechanism such as this would at least limit the amount of trouble they could cause, if someone tried it here. Besides, from the time it posts your new message and you get back around to typing up a new one, sixty seconds has already passed. Most people would probably not even know it is there (I did not know it was active until I tried to do a follow-up to my own post with a cut-and-paste message).

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
lb_shikyohstand.gif

"Oh yeah? Look who is talking, Bushido-butt!"

Shawn

snkusa.com
This is a standard feature of UBB and it is called Flood Check. We have had this feature turned on and set to 10 seconds for the past few weeks.