Any Elvis fans here?

Hippee

Sgt. Pistachio,
Hey boys and girls. I was just wondering if anybody here's an Elvis fan.

I wasn't one up until about a month ago - Nic Cage singing Love Me Tender in Wild at Heart got to me and I got curious about the King. Then I got the book Elvis Undercover about how Elvis faked his death to go undercover and live the simple life.

I saw King Creole and Jailhouse Rock, too. King Creole was really awesome. Jailhouse Rock was solid. Not great, but solid.

Anyone out there read any good books about the King or wanna share their appreciation?

:cool:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Nobody ever liked elvis.

Probably why he died almost completely unkown.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
94shoulder_j55.jpg

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Avoid his movies. Persoanally I like Elvis music, especially his early stuff. It had more of a rockabilly sound. Lonesome train and Thats alright momma are good songs.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Yup, Elvis Presley fan here. Not visited Graceland, but I figure that's kitchy stuff that Elvis mainstreamers do.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm not an Elvis fan at all. The only reason he got attention was becasue was he would swing his hips on TV, which was a big deal for a lot of uptight people back in the 50's. His music just wasn't that great.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Yes...a big fan here...He is a legend after all...
Btw...one of my must-do's is of course...to visit Graceland... :D & then maybe pop into neo-geo.com & meet the gang...heh he.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Elvis fan represent.

Well, my mom was and elvis-maniac, so I started liking since my childhood.

And c'mon, that guy's voice and singing were really something.