Any neo.com drummers?

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
So I got a sweet ass deal on a kit not too long ago, $150 for a full kit with Zildjian ride and crash symbols and it's awesome. I went out today and picked up a double-bass rig for more than I paid for the entire kit ($179) and it's amazing. I want to learn how to do grindcore blastbeats and hardcore breakdowns, asap.

Can anybody tell me if there is any "real" reason to keep Hi-Hats around? I don't want to do Jazz drumming or anything wussy like that, so do I really need them? Please tell me no.

Anybody know of any good drumming videos?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I personally would like to get into drumming, but I almost don't know the first thing about what drums to get, etc. I want to get into drums mainly to be in my friend's band and learn how to play the drums. It seems really cool, but for those who are drummers, I'd like some advice. Thanks so much!

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
Find someone who spent $800 on a kit and then moved to an apartment so they can't play it, that way you can buy it from them super cheap.

If you're interested in drumming just head on over to a music store, the people there live to help out other musicians. You can stand around and talk to people for hours about music, it's so freakin' cool.

I dunno what advice I can give you, but the kit I have is from Pearl which is apparently a good beginner brand. The best cymbals come from either Zidjian or Paiste, but really whatever you think gives the best sound is the best for you personally. That's what I like so much about drumming, you can really do whatever the fuck you want as long as you think it sounds good...

There are basics and theories and time-keeping and all that stuff, and I want to make sure I'm not just some stupid drumming n00b who thinks Hi-Hats are pointless, when in reality they could be the backbone of all drumming. Who the fuck knows.

edit: symbols = cymbals OMG?

Last edited:

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I love percussion. There's not a chance in hell that my body'll be rhythmically able to play a drumset, but I absolutely adore playing marching percussion and mariba. I prefer Yamaha drums, Ziljian cymbals, and Ludwig maribas and xylophones.

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
Just stopping in for a quick sec since I lost internet, but if peeps want drumming advice I am more than happy to help however I can. I've been playing for about 11yrs now, worked as a drum dept manager for 2yrs, and have a custom built 5 pc kit that I have put over $6,000 into, so I can advise on shell builds, cost Vs quality, shell tuning, recording, and most other questions any of you might have. I really enjoy sharing any of my knowledge with anyone who wants it. May be awhile before I can reply though.

- jov -

PS: thanks for teh praises Mr_Robot. Im honored bro.