any one buy MS4?

JrZyBud

New Challenger
I picked up the mvs not to long ago . . . I like the game quite a bit, although its hard as anything. Ive played MS1, 2 and 4 and I would say that they are all pretty darn cool. I have yet to try MS3 or MSX. Seems to me that everyone on these boards like those two games the best. I will reserve judgement until I get a chance to play them.

Got_VTEC98

n00b
Hey dood,

I noticed you were from OHIO!!

Columbus here...

trying to get some doods together for some sort of SvC:C.

I just bought my system like 3 weeks ago and already have 5 games! :)

I would like to own some of the MS's... but good god i've gotta pay bills! lol

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
You've made a good choice, although most people on this forum would disagree. I like slug 4 for its music and its "return to the roots" gameplay.

Sure, they rehashed the graphics and re-did some of the levels, but so what. I can't afford the ms1 homecart, so this'll do.

Not on par with slug 3, but slug 4 is still very enjoyable.

deffty

Kula's Candy
I bought it a few months ago and sadly it been left on my shelves waiting to collect dust.:emb:
(Maybe I should get a ziplock bag to sealed it up?)

The rest of my slugs game had been frequently play every weeks except for slug 4 which I really can't get the feelings to play it again.

Even slug 2 is more enjoyable than slug 4 as you can experience lots of bullet time effect especially after watching the matrix.

:eek_2:

Mike

Bead Banger
I bought it. I sold it.

The best thing about Slug 4 is the music.

The gameplay is sub par with the way Metal Slug as a series was moving.

It has some nice parts....but the bad outweighs the good on this one.

I may pick it up again, but sadly to only complete the collection.

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
yep, and a proud owner. I am adamnat over the fact that this game is an object of my entertainment, and has been since I got it, and even now.

Thank you.

(Steps off podium)

General_Morden

Quiz Detective
JrZyBud said:
I picked up the mvs not to long ago . . . I like the game quite a bit, although its hard as anything. Ive played MS1, 2 and 4 and I would say that they are all pretty darn cool. I have yet to try MS3 or MSX. Seems to me that everyone on these boards like those two games the best. I will reserve judgement until I get a chance to play them.

Slug 3,X are indeed the BEST in the series. TRY THEM!!! You won't regret it!

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
MS4 is a great game. A lot of forum members do not like it, but I like it a lot. You will enjoy it!

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
another ohio(cleveland)neo-geo fan here.
i have ms4
i have 1-4 and x, (ms1 is a mvs conversion added with ss2)and both for neo pocket
2 is a joke with all the slow down.
4 is good but not great.

my ranking
1st ms3
2nd ms1
3rd msx
4th ms4
5th ms2

you will still have fun :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
acem77 said:
another ohio(cleveland)neo-geo fan here.
i have ms4
i have 1-4 and x, (ms1 is a mvs conversion added with ss2)and both for neo pocket
2 is a joke with all the slow down.
4 is good but not great.

my ranking
1st ms3
2nd ms1
3rd msx
4th ms4
5th ms2

you will still have fun :)

I'd still like to see pics of this 2 game cart...I just don't see how it would work.

Now for my opinion. I enjoy Metal Slug 4 very much but it is also the worst of the series, not that that is at all bad of course.

For me X is no good, the bosses don't fit right, MS2 is better slowdown or not

So my order

MS1
MS2
MS3
MSX
MS4

I just received, played, and finished MS4 from the Neo Store tonite!

Its pretty good, and that's coming from someone who has played MS3 to death.

The music is good, typical Noise Factory stuff albiet its all mono and also like all Noise Factory music, it plays like its one large wav file.

Lots of weapons too. Unlike MS3, there are tons of opportunities to get weapons and slugs. I know its all rehashed but the boss design is pretty cool, and the action is furious at times and quite tough. Although I beat the game in about 1.5 hours on normal mode, it does have challenge, that's for sure. I just love Metal Slug enough that its the action, reflexes, and the shooter engine of it all.

SPOILER ALERT:
And damn!!! I never knew that MS4 had so much Megaman in it!!! It screams Megaman! And level 4 has a bit of Castlevania in it too.

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
Metal Slug 4 isn't a bad game by far really.The music is great and some of the best of the Slug music there is.But it feels wrong in some way.I can't quite put my finger on it though,it just seems a bit of a chore at times towards the end.Maybe my expections were too high because of prevouis Slug games...but it isn't a bad game.

My fav will always be Metal Slug.I agree with Lithy though,except i like Slug X more
MS 1
MS 2 [it's a great game though,even if there is slowdown the layout of the enemy's and bosses were far greater]
MS 3
MS X
MS 4

daybona

Juz,
For someone who mostly plays the Neo by himself, the Metal Slug series is by far the most played series in my collection.

It is a rare gem, one of the main reasons to own a Neo Geo.

Heres my vote for top slugs (that I've played)

Metal Slug X

Metal Slug 1

Metal Slug 3