Any way to get console options on MVS carts?

FugaZni

n00b
I've had my Neo-Candy machine for about a month or so now and I was just really hoping there was some way to set a dip or SOMETHING to be able to select console options/game play modes such as 'training' on Garou. I keep coming back to Garou emulator-style because I can practice my combos, etc. much easier this way, but can't really train my mind to carry them over to my MVS control panel. I've heard that the roms on the console carts are the same as those on the MVS carts, and if so those modes have to be there somewhere, right? Am I reaching? Any help? Thanks.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
You will have to get a replacement BIOS that can access the home options. I have one on the way to me from Jeff K. It allows you to switch between US/Jap and Home/MVS settings. I think it is a great solution if you have a MVS or super gun.

edit: more detail

[This message has been edited by NeoTurfMasta (edited March 26, 2001).]

thundr51

Bead Banger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NeoTurfMasta:
You will have to get a replacement BIOS that can access the home options. I have one on the way to me from Jeff K. I think it is a great solution if you have a MVS or super gun.

Cool, exactly how does that work? How much is it, and how would one go about installing it? If it involves soldering something i'm out! (Almost killed my CDZ installing a language switch!)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
It depends if your MVS board has the BIOS in a socket. If it does, you can pop out the old one and stick in the new one. If it doesnt, you it will require soldering. Jeff K. will be able to give you the prices, he has a few different options available. If you search some of the past posts, you can find the conversation that we had.

FugaZni

n00b
Wow, this sounds complicated. I have no manual or anything on my 4 slot board and I have no idea where the bios is located. Does Jeff K include really detailed instructions?
smile.gif

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Its really not that complicated. Most older MVS boards have the bios in the socket, and as far as I know most 4 solts do too. It shouldnt be to hard to find, it should be the only chip in a socket. I believe that Jeff does provide instructions...