Anybody fan of Turrican and its music?

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
You're about 6 years too late with this..

there was a big turrican contingent (and "club") on the site a few years ago.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Put me on the Turrican bandwagon. I just discovered this series thanks to Gunlord.

I have Turrican and Mega Turrican for Genesis, and am trying to acquire Super 1&2 for SNES (though I have them on emulator and wii virtual download already).

Also a big fan of Manfred Trenz's Rendering Ranger. Wish it had a U.S. release....but emulator will do.

Ever play Universal Soldier on SNES or GEN? It was the Van Damme movie game. Total generic ripoff of Turrican.

*edit

LOVE the music on this series.

Last edited:

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Since you played Gunlord first and now the Turrican games, how do you rate Gunlord compared to the old Turrican games?
I ask because I am a huge fan of the Turrican games, but I am not sure if I should buy the Gunlord AES.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I don't have Gunlord. The fact that Gunlord created so much buzz and was compared to Turrican is what made me aware of Turrican. I do have Gunlord ordered for Dreamcast tho. It looks too amazing to pass up. Besides, those games always hold their resale value should I not like it......but I can't see me not liking it.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Ah sorry, got you wrong.
Dreamcast version surely is the reasonable way to go.... but as a Neo Geo and Turrican fan.... argh! Must resist!

mesmer

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Was listening to mega turrican on my way to work this morning, to find this in my twitter feed. Thanks for posting, going to get the physical cd set.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Ah sorry, got you wrong.
Dreamcast version surely is the reasonable way to go.... but as a Neo Geo and Turrican fan.... argh! Must resist!

No worries. You only live once. And you need to get Gunlord! Watch enough video posts and you will get it! Wish I had the $$$ for the homecart.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yep saw this the other day and already have my $50 down. This will be mine.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Today, the digital version has been distributed to the backers.
Has been a long waiting time but it was well worth it. Great stuff!

Maybe Huelsbeck will offer a digital version via iTunes for the people who missed the kickstarter project. I will keep you informed.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Germans just love Turrican for some reason. It's like the Super Mario of Germany.