So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
14830576_201309241810.jpg

Meow

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Anybody here collect higher end watches? I caught the bug and am ready to take the dive to buying my first. I am torn between a Zenith vs. Panerai.

My 2 major picks are a Pan marina and a Zenith Mulitcity Traveler. The Zenith has a much more complicated movement as well as being made in house. I can also get a dicount on the zenith being it close to the price of the pam 164 (used).

The pam is a great looking watch but don't really see the value except the limited numbers that are made. I was always told to buy something worth the money. The Pam movement is pretty simple and easily bought for very cheap. I liked the Pam orginally cause it was cheaper

In my eyes the Zenith has just more going on and a great looking watch

The Zenith retails for a lot, however, and I know I will be killed if I decide to sell it in the future (likely at some point) due to the crap market value of these. I can justify the price of the watch though.. So I am a bit hesitant ordering either. There are so many other Zeniths that I love at lower prices too, though they are also plagued by shoddy market value. Perhaps it would be wiser to go pre-owned. Every time I walk into Torneau, I spend hours discussing these, and I have lusted at owning one for the longest time now.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x224/hendrickchan/watch/Zopen04.jpg

and the P

http://buysell.mypdacafe.com/upload_files/mpc_buysell/9156/panerai.JPG

I have caught interest in a nice U-Boat as well, though was told they were overpriced. Suggestions for any others that I am missing out on?

I would love to collect more higher end watches but to get the ones that I want it just is way too far out of my price range. I am an Omega fan, like the seamaster and one day waayyyyyy down the road, I would like to get an omega speedmaster professional...the one that was worn on the moon. My daily wear is a bulova marine star. Not really high end but my preference is dive watches. As someone mentioned, watchuseek is a good place to start. At one point I had bought an omega seamaster 2254.50 from an authorized dealer. Really nice watch but had to sell it when we needed money when our daughter arrived. Expensive hobby to get into, but if I had the money I would have a ton of nice watches. I understand the higher end watches are more valued in the asian countries. My perception may be wrong but I had heard that the culture values quality over value.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
This is what I wear everyday.

gw-9300gb-1jf.jpg

It's nearly invincible, it sets itself, and it even has a compass... :D what else do you want from a watch?

Plus... "It's a Casio!"

ptacasio.gif

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
My daily:
L11200174.jpg
...and for when I want to do something completely different:
kisai-rogue-sr2-tokyo-flash-watch2.jpg

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I have an old 1960 Omega Seamaster De Ville Meister 18k gold watch that I keep in a safety deposit box. I hang on to it because it was passed on to me. Was originally my grandfather's & has an engraving on the bottom(present from my grandmother to my grandfather). If it wasn't for sentimental value, I'd have sold/traded it for something. As is though, I don't like wearing watches.

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
Becomb_feeldesain_07.jpg

Becomb_feeldesain_08.jpg

when i first saw these i kept thinking how it works, but it isn't a watch at all LOL.

http://www.becomb.com/products/infinity-piece-black-slate

most expensive watch I have is this original japanese release Casio Giez, i think this is the only version of this that was monochromatic, all of the newer releases and US models are either too busy or too colorful (compared to this one)
2.jpg

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Ever since I was told by a guy from a Navy Special Ops group that they all wear Casio G Shocks, no other watch has really appealed to me. I mean if those guys are using them then there cant be too much else tougher or practical for everyday wear, surely?

Only thing is I wish there were some more monochromatic models available such as the one pictured.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Someday, when I'm an aging douche, I want a speed master professional.

Right now, my favorite watches are my visodate:

View attachment 12967

…and my orange monster. However, the orange monster dwarfs my tiny pussy hands, so I rarely wear it:

View attachment 12968

I like how they have updated the orange monster. Mine has smaller hour stamps than that one but overall looks the same.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have updated my watch portfolio significantly since this thread went live.

I ordered a beautiful handmade watch from David Sokosh of Brooklyn Watches about 2 years ago. It took a year to get made, but it's probably my favorite. It also gets the most comments. In a quiet meeting you can hear this thing ticking across the room. The price was much more reasonable when i ordered, but I've started to see him featured all over now, so they have doubled/tripled. http://vimeo.com/39194241

I also have a Citizen Eco drive. It's my default go-to if I don't think about it.

When gold watches come back, I have a slick Seiko Chronograph. The fit and finish of this one feels the best.

....and then I have about 5-6 other watches that match 1 particular outfit.

I'd love a Rolex Milgauss. The engineering appeals to me as a scientist. Price is too high for an accessory.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I had a calculator watch, too. Used it to the point where the = button was completely worn out. XD