Anybody recognize this game?? (Capcom)

SMMM

Rugal's Thug
x60hsp.jpg

Found it in an art book. I can't read the Japanese, but I know the artists - Kinu Nishimura and Haruki Suetsugu. They're both known for their arcade illustrations, so I imagine it's probably arcade related. I've looked through both their portfolios and can't find a game that matches this art. Is this concept art for something?? Anybody know or can read this?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
images
TheKingOfDragons.gif

King of Dragons CPS-1 game, kinda neat too, precursor to Knights of the Round

Last edited:

SMMM

Rugal's Thug
images
TheKingOfDragons.gif

King of Dragons CPS-1 game, kinda neat too, precursor to Knights of the Round

Wow, you're right! I even compared them briefly and dismissed it, but that's totally it. Thanks. I wonder what the reason behind the art piece is, since it looks like it was drawn 10 years after KoD's release.

Last edited:

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I liked King of Dragons allot, Knights of the Round was a fantastic side scrolling beat'em up too. In allot of ways better then the iconic Final Fight, but nothing will ever dethrone FF in my mind as king of beat'em ups.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
what a badass pic smmm, thx for the share! I really do like that game, the hydra is piece of shit though, jus sayin.

Last edited:

SMMM

Rugal's Thug
I liked King of Dragons allot, Knights of the Round was a fantastic side scrolling beat'em up too. In allot of ways better then the iconic Final Fight, but nothing will ever dethrone FF in my mind as king of beat'em ups.

Yeah, nothing will ever be better than Final Fight at what Final Fight does. I'm not sure what that is exactly, but it's the best at it, whatever it is.

what a badass pic smmm, thx for the share! I really do like that game, the hydra is piece of shit though, jus sayin.

Definitely. It's a really cool pic, now that I know what it's for.

Here's another little pic I found for KoD in the same book.

29xyr6a.jpg

Last edited: