anyone else gonna go see the pixies this fall?

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
they're doing an american tour for Doolittle's 20th anniversary, playing all the songs off it and more. sounds like a good time to me. dates:

11-04 Los Angeles, CA - The Palladium
11-08 Oakland, CA - Fox Theater
11-09 Oakland, CA - Fox Theater
11-12 Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre
11-13 Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre
11-14 Eugene, OR - Hult Center
11-16 Denver, CO - The Fillmore
11-20 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
11-21 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
11-23 New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
11-24 New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
11-25 New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
11-27 Boston, MA - Wang Center
11-30 Washington, D.C. - Constitution Hall

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
No, its another example of a tour that doesnt really even try to come close to down here.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
If there was a show anywhere near me I'd go, but the closest show to me is Denver, which is a 23 hour drive, so no.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
what are some good pixie songs

what is their genre

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Its on the way to DC.

You can always kind of tell the "this is a convenient tour stop on our drive to this other big city" type gigs.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Motherfucker, I missed the Pixies last time they were in town, now they're not coming here. Seattle's a bit far for me. Ah well, at least I've seen Frank Black (aka Black Francis) live five or six times, that's pretty good. :buttrock:

Speaking of which, any of you guys solo Frank Black fans? He's been my favourite musician for years, and his solo stuff is fantastic (not to mention prolific).

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
Seattle isn't that far away from us, heartlessninny. I'm in victoria but I'm gonna make a trip of it. For a long time though I was obsessed with Doolittle. Still, I hope a bit of bossanova stuff makes it in - velouria is probably my favorite song from them.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I feel bad I didn't catch the breeders tour.
pixies would be nice to see though.

HeartlessNinny

Seattle isn't that far away from us, heartlessninny. I'm in victoria but I'm gonna make a trip of it. For a long time though I was obsessed with Doolittle. Still, I hope a bit of bossanova stuff makes it in - velouria is probably my favorite song from them.

Shit, I didn't know you were in Victoria, man.

Either way, Seattle isn't what I'd call far, but it's hardly a hop, skip and a jump away, that's all I'm saying. It'd be a bit of a trip just to see a concert.

Add to that the fact that none of my friends are especially big Pixies fans, then go one further and add the fact that I don't own a car. So that trip is pretty much more trouble than it's worth, I'm sorry to say.

Glad to hear you're gonna make it though.

(My favourite Pixies song is either Gouge Away or Wave of Mutilation [as you might guess from my sig ;)].)

Psycho_Kenshin

Par-Dak,
I'm not going, but a friend of mine is seeing them in Boston. I am gonna see Motörhead in September though. :buttrock:

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
I like a couple of songs from their first two albums

Not gonna see them live though

Have been underwhelmed by Frank Black's solo offerings

HeartlessNinny

Have been underwhelmed by Frank Black's solo offerings

Bite your tongue! It's been amazing! Which albums have you listened to?

And I should say this: some of it takes a while to grow on you. I didn't like his country stuff at first, but now I love it, and one of his albums that took me the longest to get into (Dog in the Sand) is now one of my favourite records of all time, bar none. Maybe you should listen to it again?

It's kind of sacrilegious to say this in a Pixies thread, but I actually think the Frank Black solo stuff is better than the Pixies catalog, as a whole.