Anyone else have 337 update falures

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just wondering if anyone else has a 337 update failure... I'll be mailing mine in for repair. :very_ang:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
You mean 'mailing it in to conveniently remove the easily hackable internal storage device', right? You REALLY think this was accidental??? Surely you cannot be that naive...

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I just have to laugh at all of this! It does matter to me that it's hackable, so long as it actually works. There's no way to play any of the new games without getting it fixed. This seems a very sketchy way to roll out updates. I hope that future updates don't have to be mailed in to be completed.

Last edited:

lopezoa69

Kuroko's Training Dummy
And to top it all off, even if you manage to upgrade, the ad card hack is dead! Check out my youtube channel video by my same username.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Why do I find it funny that the "cart" your compare the NGX box to is a DavidG Home Multicart

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
There's no way to play any of the new games without getting it fixed. This seems a very sketchy way to roll out updates. I hope that future updates don't have to be mailed in to be completed.

k. Keep telling yourself that. I'll be keeping my 337 model stock fresh for the time being and enjoying whatever games I want to play, old or new. Tommo screwed everyone when they released this piece of crap, but I've managed to take back control of MY device and now it plays what I want it to. I see absolutely no reason why I should be suckered into giving them money for an 'update' that will take that away. Thanks, but no.

Pope Sazae

I just watched all of that video. An AES multicart and in your NGX you had a modded sd card to play the roms, come on does anyone buy carts anymore?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Sure, got 3 shelves of em, but you can't exactly drag all of them around on the bus, to work, or wherever.

Pope Sazae

Sure, got 3 shelves of em, but you can't exactly drag all of them around on the bus, to work, or wherever.

Oh I didn't look at your video, I know you buy carts. I was talking about lopezoa's videos on youtube.

lopezoa69

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If you watch some of my other videos, where I talk about my 100+ Neo Geo MVS game collection, My MVS 4-slot cabbie, my Neo Geo AES and the 50 or so AES carts I have, and my CDZ and the 50 or so titles that I also have, then you can answer yourself that question :)

I do enjoy buying and collecting original carts, CDs, multigames carts (MVS/AES) and/or any other Neo Geo rarities I encounter along the way.

Pope Sazae

See my post below :)

I just now saw it, makes me feel better to know you have all that. It just bothers me when people only play Neo on emulated stuff or with hacked systems/carts. I'm very much a purist myself and feel that if someone wants to play the games they should have the carts to do it the right way.

Last edited:

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It looks like the problem is not just with 337s, so if the update doesn't work with multiple versions what's the real problem? If you look at the Neo Geo X facebook page, you'll see others with problems.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
And to top it all off, even if you manage to upgrade, the ad card hack is dead! Check out my youtube channel video by my same username.

Great idea Tommo. Eliminate the ability to play pirate ROMs only for those who have payed for more games giving people who pirate ROMs that might be on the fence about buying the Mega Pack every incentive to never ever buy it. Meanwhile, composite out got worse.

Idiots.

They spent 7 months trying to develop a fix for the hack that will just get hacked again.

BTW, does Ninja Masters still work? If so, I can't see it being very hard to get the hack working again.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
When the update fails, are you still able to play your system or does it get bricked?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I have firmware 370 and i can't get my system to update with the mega pack. The rocket cable LED flashes between blue and red but the screen never displays the upgrade screen. Tomorrow i'm going to try using a friends game and rocket cable and see if it works.

opd897

n00b
My update worked great on my 370, no issues. Just ensure that the system is off and make sure you are holding the start button when you plug in the rocket cable. If you are already doing that then not sure what the problem is.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Any of you guys feel embarrassed when you say "rocket cable"?