Anyone Ever Seen a MVS Cart do this??

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
So in a score of MVS games I just got there was this World Heroes 2 that the casing was melted from the inside. The game still works, but the graphics and sound are screwed up.

DSCN5178.JPG

DSCN5176.JPG

Do you think that this can be fixed by replacing the chip? I didn't check to see if it is a ROM. I assume that it would probably not worth fixing, since buying another would be cheaper.

Edit:
I just looked it up and it is a ROM;

http://www.datasheets.org.uk/tc5316200-datasheet.html

Last edited:

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
First off I would just like to say WOW! It really depends what cart it is if it's an expensive one I would say fix it using some original eproms from another cheap cart. You could send the eproms out to a member that could burn the correct data onto them. I couldn't imagine them charging over $15. If its a cheapy I would say save yourself the headache and just pony up for a new one.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For World Heroes 2 it's cheaper to get a new cart. Most programmers will charge you parts plus labor to burn the chips which would be $6-12 depending + shipping.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Sorry in my haste to respond I didn't read it was WH2 Xi's right just use as a coaster or door stop and buy another.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Yeah, cheaper / easier to get a new cart. Even if you could get the chips burned for cheap, you'd still have to desolder / resolder the new ones.

Then of course, something was causing those chips to overheat. It could've just been bad chips or there could be something wrong with the PCBs.

Izsomean

Quiz Detective
Then of course, something was causing those chips to overheat. It could've just been bad chips or there could be something wrong with the PCBs.

My hypothesis is that the previous owner used this cart to protect something whenever he turned on his soldering torch :D

havok666

n00b
Your Neo-Geo just couldn't handle the awesomeness of one of the greatest fighting games known to man.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think it was the awesome audio from the flame death-match that did it.